7

The next morning, Ryujin and Yuna sat down for breakfast with the king and queen. As they began to enjoy their meal, King Jacob turned to Ryujin and asked, "Ryujin, what do you have planned for today?"

Ryujin took a sip of her tea and replied, "Actually, Father, I don't have any specific engagements scheduled today. I was thinking of exploring Queenstown and perhaps socialize with the locals."

Queen Charlotte raised an eyebrow, intrigued by her daughter's sudden interest. "Exploring and socializing? That's quite unlike you, Ryujin. Is there something specific that caught your attention?"

Ryujin hesitated for a moment, contemplating whether to share her true intentions. She decided to be honest and expressed her interest in visiting a flower shop, but she knew her father's concerns about her safety and reputation as a princess.

"Well, there is a charming flower shop that caught my attention, and I wanted to visit and learn more about the locals," Ryujin admitted, her eyes reflecting her genuine curiosity.

King Jacob, however, appeared apprehensive. "Ryujin, while I understand your desire to explore and socialize with the people, your safety is our utmost priority. It's important for you to maintain a certain level of caution and avoid unnecessary risks."

Ryujin's enthusiasm dampened slightly, feeling disheartened by her father's response. She had hoped to visit Yeji's flower shop and spend time with the woman who had recently piqued her interest.

Yuna, sensing her sister's disappointment, interjected gently, "Father, perhaps we can assign a trusted guard to accompany Ryujin during her visit? That way, she can explore Queenstown and satisfy her curiosity while still ensuring her safety."

King Jacob considered Yuna's suggestion and then nodded in agreement. "Very well, we shall arrange for a guard to accompany you, Ryujin. I trust that you will exercise caution and not stray too far from their watchful eye."

A glimmer of hope returned to Ryujin's eyes as she smiled gratefully at her father. "Thank you, father. I promise to stay vigilant and take the necessary precautions."

"Can I come as well, father?" Yuna tried to ask although she already knew what would be the answer.

"Yuna, I understand your desire to accompany your sister, but we must consider the safety and security measures that are in place for our family," the king began, his tone firm yet gentle. "As members of the royal family, our movements are closely monitored and regulated. Having both of you in the same location without the proper precautions would pose a significant risk."

Yuna's face fell slightly as their father declined her request to accompany Ryujin. Understanding the reasoning behind his decision, she nodded reluctantly.

"I understand, father," Yuna replied, trying to hide her disappointment. "Safety should always be our priority."

Ryujin, sensing her sister's disappointment, reached out and placed a comforting hand on Yuna's arm. "Don't worry, Yuna. I'll make sure to share every detail with you when I return."

As the breakfast drew to a close, the king stood up from the table and addressed his daughters one final time. "Ryujin, remember to take extra precautions and stay safe while you're out in Queenstown. It may be a vibrant and welcoming city, but we mustn't underestimate the potential risks that come with being in a new environment. Keep your guards close and be mindful of your surroundings."

Ryujin nodded attentively, assuring her father, "I understand, father."

・゚✧*:・˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Ryujin and Lisa walked side by side towards the main entrance of the hotel, the sun shining brightly overhead. Lisa glanced at her watch and turned to Ryujin, a serious yet composed expression on her face.