Chapter Five

Words: 1167

 Ghost slipped the door open, sneaking through and to cover. When it was clear, he motioned for the other two to follow him. The beta team all had their weapons out, Soap with an M4, Ghost with the Fennec, and Icarus with the P890. They were silent, moving quickly through the shooting Shadows and taking them down one by one without being suspected.

That was until Icarus' eyes landed on something in the distance. He spotted Graves slipping into a vehicle and preparing to escape. Icarus, against the orders of Ghost, started sprinting through the Shadows and towards the car. He felt nothing but pure rage. Ghost and Soap killed Shadows, chasing after Icarus when the path was clear. Price and Gaz met up with them shortly.

Icarus stared at Graves as he rapidly approached, the man shooting frantically at the other as the car kept stalling. Eventually, the traitorous American got out of the car and began running. But he wasn't fast enough.

The long-haired man tackled Graves to the ground, rolling the two of them into a ditch. Icarus huffed, feeling the warmth of blood gather at his gut, and the same warmth running down his leg. But he didn't care. He stood up, walking towards Graves as he crawled towards his gun. Icarus kicked the gun before throwing himself at Graves. He punched him in the face, and kept punching him through the shouts for him to stop. Graves' face kept becoming bloodier and bloodier when a hand finally caught Icarus' hand.

Icarus looked at the man who caught his fist with dangerous eyes. Dark eyes to dark eyes, Icarus' rage faded as he stared at Ghost, who spoke quietly, "That's enough." Icarus huffed and looked back to Graves' face, using his other hand to check for a pulse.

"He's alive." Icarus rolled off of Graves, his adrenaline fading as he lay on his back. Pain replaced the adrenaline, causing Icarus to groan slightly. He put his hand to his gut and looked at it, seeing the red through the dark of the night, "...shit."

Ghost crouched down by Icarus, checking the bleeding, "Your leg has stopped already. Seems you tore your stitches on your gut though."

Icarus caught the disappointment in Ghost's eyes, cackling lightly, "Hey, at least I didn't go and get captured again, ey Riley?" He laughed harder when Ghost gave him a death stare. But, Ghost seemed to be even slightly amused, pulling Icarus to his feet and supporting him. Icarus' hair fell over his eyes and, pushing it back so he could see, he spoke again, "You sure you don't want to just carry me?" Ghost looked at him again, helping him from the ditch.

"I'm sure." The British man responded, climbing from the ditch after letting Icarus up. Ghost turned to look at Soap and Gaz as they lifted Graves from the ditch, then to Price as he called in exfil. He finally looked back to Icarus, helping him to his feet, "I already have had enough of your blood on me."

"You love it." Icarus commented, feeling a bit drowsy from blood loss, "Yea.... you love it, Simon." Ghost stared down as Icarus, a low chuckle erupting from beneath his mask.

"No."

"Yes."

"No." Icarus grinned as Ghost lifted him up, carrying his bridal style. He stared down at the bleeding man, rolling his eyes, "You didn't win. You're just annoying."

━─┉┈┈◈❖◈┈┈┉─━

Icarus woke up to the familiar sounds of a helicopter. At some point he must have fallen asleep in Ghost's arms. Speaking of, the masked man looked down at him, "Morning." Ghost stepped onto the helicopter, taking a seat near the opening of it so he could get off first, "Price, Gaz, and Soap are staying behind to get information from Graves and the computers."

Icarus nodded, sliding off of Ghost when he sat down. The long haired man laid down, resting his head on the masked man's thigh with no visible reaction from him, "I'm assuming they're looking for what happened to me, and if I told them anything."

Ghost looked down at Icarus, confused and embarrassed that he laid on his thigh, "Yes." He changed the subject quickly, reaching to his left for a med kit, "Though it's slowed down, it's going to keep bleeding unless it gets stitched up again." He opened the kit and pulled out what he'd need, "I'll have to clean it."

Icarus looked up to Ghost, "Let me do it." When Ghost shook his head, he responded, "I used to be a combat medic. Back before I was Icarus."

"No." Ghost narrowed his eyes, "You won't be able to get a good look. I may not be trained, but I've had to stitch up a lot of wounds in the middle of a firefight." Icarus didn't feel like arguing, sighing and sitting up slowly. When he made no other movements, Ghost pointed out somewhat awkwardly, "You'll have to take off your shirt."

Icarus laughed, "Wow, heading a bit fast are we? At least take me out to dinner first." he slipped his vest off, rolling his shirt up to the bottom of his ribs, "This is as far as it goes, big man."

"Fuck you." Ghost grumbled, motioning for Icarus to lay with his legs over his own, "Come one, I don't have all day."

Icarus laid on his back, resting his legs over Ghost's so that the other could get a good look at the wound, "Yea you wish you could, huh- OW!" He glared up at Ghost, who looked back with amused eyes. He had splashed the wound with an antiseptic, "What was that for?"

"You're annoying." Ghost responded, using gauze to gently wipe away the peroxide and blood, "Now stay still. I'll make it quick."

"Copy." Icarus stared at his wound as Ghost pulled out the torn stitches, but the masked man looked up to Icarus with eyes that told him to look away. He let his head fall back, trying desperately to find something to stare at. He trembled slightly, this part was always the worst.

"Stay still." Icarus turned back to Ghost, giving him an offended look. Ghost only looked back, staring into Icarus' eyes. The long haired man almost didn't feel the needle pierce his skin. Keyword: Almost.

Icarus let out a hiss of pain, glaring at Ghost, who stared back, "Fuck off." Ghost's eyes gleamed with amusement as he looked back down to the wound, stitching it up very carefully. Icarus wanted to look away, but he couldn't. Seeing how Ghost was being gentle, how his dark eyes narrowed in focus, and how his blonde lashes made his eyes pop against the black eye paint he always had on. At some point, he didn't even realize Ghost had stopped, and now Icarus was just staring in his eyes.

Ghost said nothing, staring back. It seemed as if they had continued their staring contest from earlier.