Chapter 9 and 10

yoyoyo wassup gang

i am. im hoping to bust out the rest of the chapter i promised yall last chap. im gonna post them in pairs, though, in hopes of getting them out faster for yall before i disappear off the face of the earth again.

anyway, onto the story.

---

Chapter Nine

“What’s your name?”

“Toby.”

“Full name.”

Icarus tried his best to breathe, feeling a bit panicked as he found himself in a familiar position. His wrists were strapped to the arms of the chair and he was staring at a man in front of him, “It’s uhm..” He hesitated. His name was dead, surely they’d search into it and find that he was legally dead. They could kill him and get away with it.

“Full name.” The command was a bit more harsh, and Icarus looked down upon seeing the man rest his hand on his gun.

“Tobias Mayflower.” Ghost said they’d know everything regardless. So it was okay to say aloud.

“Hm.” The man looked behind him to the woman who typed on a computer, “What are you finding?”

“Tobias Mayflower, combat medic. Captured and presumed dead. Though,” She turned back with a smirk, “I guess we can say he’s not.”

“Hm. Okay.” The man pulled a knife from a nearby table, approaching Icarus. He flinches, trying his best to pull away. This was it, he was going to die here.

Icarus felt the restraints leave his wrists, “Stand up.” The man commanded, to which Icarus did, “Follow.” Leading the way, Icarus followed as he was demanded, Eventually, they ran into Ghost and his interrogator. The two interrogators spoke in a language that Icarus didn’t know, but he didn’t care.

Ghost looked down to him, pressing close to his side. Their hands brushed, and Ghost spoke softly, “They didn’t hurt you right?”

Icarus shook his head, grinning his awkward grin that Ghost had grown to love. “Only my pride.” He joked lightly, earning a huff of amusement from the taller male. “What about you? You alright?”

“Hm?” Ghost though for a moment, “Yea. Wasn’t expecting them to research me so fast.” Icarus nodded his agreement, feeling Ghost tense up slightly. Taking upon himself to keep Ghost calm for the mission, the long haired man took the Brits hand in his own, not expecting for him to hold it back. But he did.

Ghost held onto Icarus’ hand tightly, rubbing his thumb against his knuckles as he stared ahead. The two pressed closer together, watching carefully as they approached the location they needed to be in.

The guards shoved both of them roughly into a room, closing and locking the door behind them, “Enjoy your stay, Simon Riley and Tobias Mayflower.” Both men looked at each other as their names were said, still holding hands.

The room was dark, like the cell Icarus was held in not even a year ago. And that unsettled him. It wasn’t the torture that scared him. He had gotten used to the pain, used to the methods. It was the death that did. He could die and… not many would know. An even smaller amount would care. Unknowingly, he tightened his grip on Ghost’s hand, the trembling in his body noticeable.

Ghost sat them down, leaning himself against the wall and laying Icarus’ head on his thigh, all while holding his hand still, “It’s gonna be alright, Toby. We’re gonna get out of this room, do what we have to and leave. Just like that.” He snapped his fingers before bringing his free hand down to play with Icarus’ hair. A small smile was planted on his face, something that Icarus still wasn’t used to seeing.