Chapter Six

Words: 1245

 Icarus watched as Soap, Price and Gaz walked into the base. Just as it had caught his attention, it had caught the man's eyes that sat across from him. Ghost immediately stood as Price motioned for them, extending his hand for Icarus to take. He took it gratefully, patting Ghost on the back once he was on his feet, "Thanks."

Ghost huffed back, but his eyes said everything for him. The two followed Price into the meeting room, Icarus taking a seat while Ghost leaned against the wall. Price dropped a folder next to Icarus, who picked it up with confusion, "What's this, cap?"

"Everything Graves did to you. And anything you told him, whether it be about the 141 or not." Price replied back, turning his gaze to Ghost, "You are to stay with Icarus from here on out." With Ghost's confirmation, Price left them in the room.

Icarus read the folder, flipping through the pages with narrowed eyes, "It's like a fucking autobiography of my missing memories." Although he hated to learn about all the torture he went through, it didn't really affect him. It was if he were reading about what happened to someone else. At least he didn't tell them anything about the 141. He handed the folder to Ghost, who looked at him without opening it.

"I shouldn't open it."

"I wouldn't have handed it to you if I didn't want you to read it." Ghost stared at Icarus for a moment before turning his attention back to the folder, opening it and carefully reading every detail. Icarus loved to see Ghost's eyes scrunch up, narrow and even widen a bit as he read.

"Icarus."

"Yes?"

"You told them how to torture you." Ghost seemed slightly confused, walking over and taking a seat next to Icarus, "You told them where they could shoot you where it would hurt a lot, but not do enough damage to kill you."

"Ah." Icarus leaned back into the couch, grinning, "I see." He caught Ghost's stare and stopped grinning, "I needed something new." Ghost continued staring, "Once you've been through it enough, it stops affecting you. Once that happens," Icarus' eyes narrowed and he took the folder back, "It kills you." He set the folder to his side, pulling his legs up and throwing them over the side of the couch. His head found his way back to Ghost's thigh, and Icarus closed his eyes.

"Icarus."

"Hm?"

"Get off my leg." Ghost growled, leaning his head down to look at Icarus.

Icarus, amused, declined, "And if I don't?" He reached his hand up, running his fingers along the edge of Ghost's mask. He was stopped when Ghost grabbed his wrist, holding it tightly, "Hey... L-Let go." Icarus stared up at Ghost, locking eyes with him. The masked man's eyes seemed...... hungry........

The long haired man tried his best to sit up, only to get blocked by Ghost, "You chose this." Icarus looked away from Ghost's eyes, trying to calm himself down as his heart pounded. Maybe he did. He did refuse to get off of Ghost's leg.

"Mmm. That's something a rapist would say." Icarus cracked a joke, his breathing ragged. But it was met with silence.

A deep rumble erupted in Ghost's chest, erupting as a deep chuckle, "Bloody hell." He let go of Icarus' wrist, letting him sit up. He did quickly, and positioned himself with his knees to his chest. Though he was scared, Icarus laughed as well.

"No way. In all my missions, never once have I gotten the ghost to laugh." He flipped his long hair back with his hand, "Now if only I could get him to let me see his face."

Ghost chuckled again, "Not a chance in hell, Icarus." He looked at Icarus, who looked to be pouting, causing him to laugh louder, "You act like a bloody child!"

Icarus mocked hurt, "Uhm, do not!" He crossed his arms, looking away. But he quickly looked back, an idea popping into his head, "Okay, what about this? You describe your face and I'll draw what you say." He grinned, giving duel thumbs up, "Great idea, I know."

"Hm." Ghost turned his gaze away from Icarus, "You draw, huh?"

"Yep."

"Better make it flawless, then."

━─┉┈┈◈❖◈┈┈┉─━

"All done." Icarus stared at the notebook he was holding in his hand, tapping the top of the picture with the pencil, "I bet it looks exactly like you." He handed the notebook to Ghost, who stared at it with a mixed look of shock and disbelief, "What?"

"Did you peak a look at me while I was asleep?"

"Erm, no?"

Ghost glanced at Icarus, "It looks almost identical. You only flipped left and right." Icarus gasped before laughing.

"I've always been bad with my left and right!" Icarus leaned over to Ghost, looking over his shoulder at the notebook, "But no shit? I actually captured the ghost perfectly?"

"Not perfectly. It's flipped."

"Fuck off."

Ghost handed the notebook back to Icarus, who threw it on top of the folder. He laid down, resting his head on the armrest of the couch and throwing his legs over Ghost's. The masked man looked down at the legs, following them to Icarus' hips, up his torso and to his face. His dark hair laid on the couch beneath him and some strands fell onto his face. Speaking of his face, Ghost began to count the scars. Some old, some newer. The one that caught his eyes, though, was the one that cut through his left brow, almost hitting his left eye. He followed it across Icarus' nose and to his right cheek, where it curled up under his eye and led to a nick in his ear.

Eventually, Ghost's eyes fell onto Icarus', who stared back with a sly grin, "What, looking me over? I do say, that's kinda gay." Ghost stayed silent, seeing his mask reflected in the dark eyes that stared at him. He reached his arm out and swept away the strands of dark hair that were of Icarus' face with his hand. Icarus's mouth fell open, and his cheeks grew hot with embarrassment, "I'm-"

Ghost leaned back, letting his hand fall onto Icarus' knee, his thumb gently swirling on top of it, "Icarus."

Icarus didn't say anything, only staring at Ghost. His eyes widened at Ghost's next words, "Get off my legs." They weren't aggressive, they weren't demanding. They were soft and... almost pleading. Icarus looked at Ghost's eyes, slowly lifting his legs up and throwing them off the couch. Ghost's hand followed Icarus' leg as it moved, running up from his knee to his thigh, before falling off. He stared at his hands with his dark eyes through his mask.

"Well, look at the time." Icarus said quietly, looking up at the clock, "We should head to bed." He stood up, grabbing the notebook and tearing the drawing of Ghost from it. He stared at it for a while, smiling, before handing it to the still sitting man, "Keep it. If it's truly as accurate as you say it is, then you need to hide it." He gathered his folder and made his way to the door, only to be stopped by the rough voice of Ghost.

"Icarus?"

"Hm?"

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Ghost." Icarus stepped out through the door, but poked his head back in shortly after, "Hey, Simon?" Ghost looked up as his real name was said, "Toby works."