Chapter Eight

Words: 1081

 "Icarus." The man lifted his head up, seeing Ghost, "Mission." Icarus sat up and stretched, nodding his head for Ghost to lead the way. As they walked through the base, Ghost continued speaking, "No helo, just a car. It's a stealth mission, infiltration of a cartel. We both go in, keep our cool. Once we get to where we need to be, we plant charges and get out before they go off. The rest of 141 will do the rest." Ghost glanced down to Icarus, who looked up to him with a grin.

"You won't be able to wear your mask, will you?" Icarus questioned, excited that he'll get to see Ghost's face.

"No." Ghost sighed, "I will not. Price said he would have gone with me, but they know his face. They know the entire team's faces. Except for-"

"Ours." Icarus nodded, cutting him off, "Well, let's get this over with. I'll try to not keep you out of your mask for too long, alright Simon?"

Ghost huffed, looking forward again, "Alright, Toby."

━─┉┈┈◈❖◈┈┈┉─━

The engine rumbled at Ghost slowed it to a halt. He looked towards Icarus, his eyes burning into his own, "Remember, in and out. They ask for information, be truthful. They already know what they ask, so lying will only guarantee your death." Icarus nodded and Ghost sighed, "As soon as the mask comes off, I'm Simon and you're Toby. Don't get killed."

The two climbed out of the car, Ghost hesitating but pulling his mask from his face. Curly blonde locks fell onto his forehead, almost reaching his eyebrows. Surprisingly, his face had little to no scaring. He must have caught Icarus staring as he turned quickly.

"Fuck, you weren't kidding when you said my drawing was accurate." Icarus commented, grinning as he walked next to Ghost, "What did you do with it anyway?" Ghost thought back to the drawing he had placed on top of his end table, the corners of his mouth raising ever so slightly with a smile.

"Kept it." Icarus looked up to the man, eyes widening for a brief moment when he saw the face instead of the mask. Ghost caught this and stared down with amusement.

"Unusual, yea?"

"Yea." Icarus didn't look away from his superior's face, not even focusing on his surroundings. He noticed a speck of paint that wasn't wiped fully from Ghost's face, motioning to it, "Erm you have like- fuck lean down Simon." As Ghost leaned down, Icarus rubbed at it with his thumb, pulling back with a grin as it disappeared, "There! Now you don't look like you tried to do drag-"

"That's enough."

Icarus' grin only grew as he was finally able to see Ghost's face and how it contorted with his emotions. Though his voice sounded rough and annoyed, Icarus got to see how Ghost's- or more so Simon's- mouth curled up into a small smile.

While in thought, Icarus tripped over a rock in the road. He saw the ground rapidly approaching but he was suddenly jerked to a halt when he felt a hand grab his wrist. A small gasp of pain came from his mouth as his shoulder jerked, but as he was pulled back onto his feet, all pain was gone. Icarus stared up at Ghost, dark eyes meeting his own and a sly grin crept onto his face, "Simon. You might just get a hug for that."

Ghost let go of Icarus, holding his hands up and backing away, "I think not." He watched carefully as Icarus approached him with open arms, "Icarus so help me god. I will punt you into the bloody sky." Icarus didn't listen, rushing towards Ghost only to trip again.

It all happened so fast. Icarus' foot got caught on another rock, causing him to trip and fall into something hard....... And warm. Placing his hands against it, he looked up to see Ghost's eyes. They stared at each other for a while before Icarus cackled evilly, "I got you." Quickly, he wrapped Ghost into a hug. The taller man did nothing for a moment before placing a hand on the other's back, looking away. He played gently with Icarus' long hair, running his fingers through it before dropping his hand.

"Okay, let go now." Nothing. "Toby, let go." Still nothing. Ghost looked down to Icarus, a mistake. The shorter man's face was looking up at him, a large grin on his face as his chin rested on Ghost's chest. The British man's cheeks heated up as he stared at the smaller male's excitement, "Toby, let go of me."

"No." Icarus seemed proud of himself, his eyes narrowed slightly as he looked up at Ghost like the menace he was.

"Toby," Ghost ran a hand through his curls, his flushed face and stressed expression finally noticed by Icarus, "Let go."

Icarus obliged, giving one final squeeze before freeing the lieutenant. He turned and looked toward the upcoming entrance of the cartel, "Simon, you ready?" Ghost simply huffed in response and the two continued onward.

They were spotted fairly quickly by the guards, who raised their guns in response to the two of them walking up, "Come any closer and we blow your heads off." Icarus and Ghost stopped, standing next to each other silently as they listened. The guard spoke again, "Step away from each other."

"What, two boyfriends can't stand next to each other?" Icarus joked, earning a glance from Ghost and an unamused grunt from the guard. The two obliged, stepping away from each other as the guards came down from their posts. Icarus was pulled roughly by one of them, wincing as they were bound tightly. He looked up to Ghost, who was staring at him with a worried gleam in his eyes. Smiling, Icarus called out to him, "I'm alright, dear." He added the last bit, really playing into the two of them being a couple.

Ghost smiled and shook his head, playing into it as well, "Of course you are. Hey," He turned his head to look at the guard, "Be careful with him. He's just got stitches out." The guard simply scoffed at him, shoving Icarus roughly.

Icarus stumbled, almost falling. But he didn't say anything about it, only giving a grin to Ghost, "See ya, dear!" Ghost simply hummed in response, though it was cut off when Icarus said his next words, "Love you!" He was shoved through the gates before he heard Ghost's response.

"Love you too.."