Chapter 4

Daisy POV

I was running across the corridor to look for him but he was nowhere to be found. I know, only he can handle this situation now. Finally, I found him sitting in an empty classroom.

'Noah, you've got to come with me.'

'Do not disturb me, Daisy.'

'She needs you, Ava, please. You should look for her. I don't know where she went.', I spoke as fear was evident in my voice. Ava told me all that happened yesterday between her and Noah. That's why I knew he could look after her. He respects her despite all the hate.

Author POV

As soon as Noah heard her name, he walked up to Daisy and asked her what happened. She just told him to look for Ava first as something bad has happened and she ran off somewhere in college. Noah, immediately, went out to search for her.

He knew, if she is sad or scared, he'll find her there. And his guess was right. Ava was sitting in the dark corner of the library- her comfort place. She was sitting on the floor with her knees bent and head down. One of the sleeves of her shirt was torn, her hair a complete mess and he could hear faint sobs. He crouched down to look at her. He engulfed her in his arms. First, she resisted and struggled to get away but then gave up as his grip was firm. Minutes later, he moved back and asked.

'Who did this to you?' His voice was filled with rage.

She raised her head. His breath hitched. Her face and hands were covered in bruises. Either she had a fight or she was bullied.

He again growled, looking deep into her teary eyes, 'Who did this to you, Ava?' He demanded an answer.

'I don't need your protection. I am not weak. I can fight for myself.' Her voice was weak but still pretty strong. Noah knows that she does not need a man to protect herself. She was a strong-willed girl. She must have put up a fight against this. He knew her fighting skills. He could hear her wounds bleeding with pride.

'I am not protecting you because you are a woman. Hell, you will fight it yourself. I am just a support you always find at your back, who will never let you fall. But-'

Before he could say more, Ava burst into tears. For the first time in her life, she let her guard down, and broke the wall of coldness. She hugged him. He gently patted her as Ava started to tell what all happened...

[Flashback]

Ava was sitting in the college playground with Daisy when Jeremy came toward them to take Daisy away.

'Looks like you started dating him.' she spoke.

'Not really. You know we like to experiment first.' Daisy winked at her and asked her if she was okay to be left alone. Ava nodded.

After Daisy and Jeremy left, Sara and Dereck came to Ava with other friends of their gang.

'Oh, look at poor Ava. Noah is not giving her any attention today.' Sara said dramatically.

'Well, he has high standards. Why would he go behind her?' Dereck joined.

At first, she thought to ignore them but then said, 'And I don't know why he has friends like you. Such hypocrites. You all act good in front of him but reality sucks. Maybe you just want his money.'

Ava was about to leave after that when Sara pulled her hair. She screamed in pain. Ava hit her with her elbow. Sara yelped in pain. But then Dereck kicked her in the stomach. Ava put up a fight to protect herself but they were too many for her. They beat her mercilessly when suddenly Daisy and Jeremy interrupted. Daisy helped her get up while Jeremy shouted, 'What is all this? How can you do this to her? Noah will be really angry.' They both tried to comfort her but she ran away to the library. And that's when Daisy started looking for Noah.

Noah was burning in anger now. He took Ava and stormed out of the library to look for his so-called friends. He found them chatting and laughing in the canteen. He picked up Dereck by his collar and punched him in the face. When Sara tried to stop him, he slapped her.

'Wtf Noah, how can you slap a girl?', other friends budged.

Noah growled, 'Just like you all hurt Ava. You all bullied and beat her up.' They all backed off in fear. Daisy and Jeremy were standing with Ava while holding her as if she'll fall any second. Noah looked at her with all his gentleness.

'We were just taking revenge for you. Isn't she your enemy? She is just using you. She just wants to distract you from succeeding. So, we just showed her place by punishing her. We are on your side bro. She is worth nothing but your slave-'

Before Dereck could say more, Noah roared and pushed him to the wall. He held his collar, almost choking him.

'If she is anything mine, then she is my PRINCESS, my GODDESS. Mine to worship, mine to cherish. And if she is my enemy, then it's my right to punish her. But the thing is, she is not mine in the first place. She is a QUEEN. She belongs to herself. You, me or anyone else has no right to humiliate her like this.'

Ava broke down at his words. She fell down on her knees and started crying. Noah rushed to her.

'Not yet Soldier. You've got to punish them.', he boosted her confidence.

Ava walked up to them and slapped each one of them. She was at a loss for words. She put all her anger and pain into her actions. Noah picked her up in his arms and carried her to his car. Jeremy and Daisy drove them to her house while she slept in his lap like a baby. Today was too much for her.

'Sleep well, little one' ...

Heyy guys, I hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to like and leave your comments and suggestions✌🏻