15

Ominiscent
the same day

Navy sat in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting to get word back from the doctors. Her thoughts ran wild as she waited, her leg shaking and tears cascading down her face.

She was unable to control them.

"where the fuck is the doctor at!?!" Sekai semi-yelled, he along with everyone else grew impatient.

"what the fuck happened?" Nyasia yelled with tears in her eyes.

"somebody shoot us up while we was at the park" Nadia spoke, sniffling.

"you good sis?" Nyasia ask walking over to Navy, who was full blown distraught and zoned out.

"did she take her meds today?" Gio ask the kids.

"I'm not sure..we were rushing." Nayeli shrugged. She was worried, but didn't show it.

She had to be there for her mama and siblings.

Her mind flashed back to today's events.

Nayeli, her cousins, and her siblings all were playing hide and go seek when Nayeli spotted a car driving slowly down the block.

The windows was down and the person in the backseat held a rifle out the window.

She could see the other four people in the car.

She got behind one of the trees when shots rang out. Her family members screamed while the rest shot back at the car.

"fuck! I'm hit." Sakani yelled out in agony, dropping his gun a few feet in front of Nayeli.

Nayeli picked the gun up, aimed like her parents taught her and fire six shots - hitting all four the tires and killing one of the men that had gotten out the car when it had crashed.

She heard her grandmother and mother screaming, turning to them her eyes filled with tears. "no, d-daddy!!" she yelled running toward her parents.

When she got there her mother was sobbing, trying to put pressure of the gunshot wound to her fathers chest. His blood pulled out of the hole and his mouth.

Nayeli walked over to her dad, an emotional wreak and held his hand. Jye looked over at Nayeli and weakly smiled before whispering something to her.

Flashback over

Nayeli mumbled a quick and quiet prayer to herself. Over the years, Nayeli has found that prayer calms her anxiety, along with journaling and meditation.

"Family of..." a tall caramel tone guy in scrubs said walking over as the family stood up.

He held a somber expression which Nayeli knew by heart. Tears developed in her eyes, she quickly wiped them away as they'd gotten the grief stricken news.

"We tried everything in our willpower to save him, he'd lost a lot of blood by the time he'd gotten here and into surgery. He suffered two heart attacks." The doctor spoke.

Everyone sobbed and screamed out in pain.

Nayeli looked over at her mother, who slid onto the floor while holding onto Taurus, screaming and crying.

Navy's heart shattered into a million pieces.

She couldn't believe the words that came out of the doctors mouth. Or she didn't want to believe that the most important man she'd ever loved was gone.

in the blink of an eye everyone's life had changed within those very few hours.

What was supposed to be an happy, exciting, family celebration of new life and beginnings turned into a shootout, leaving loved ones in pain and heartache til their dying days.

How did this happen?

Why did this happen?

What will happen next?

Everyone was left with more questions than answers, all they could do now is grieve their loved ones, be there for the ones still living, and try to adjust to their new normal.

THE END

or is it?? 👀

should there be a sequel?

if so, who should it be based upon?
I'm thinking Nayeli spin-off..

Who do you think passed away?

3/7/23