Chapter 12

[I must start this chapter by announcing that this chapter will have spoilers for Sebastian's full friendship questline]

Sebastian POV

I spent the whole day smiling and blushing to myself in the hallways. How ridiculous. But how could I not be smiling when yesterday had turned out perfect.

Although I also couldn't stop thinking about how good she felt on top of me. And how everything about the moment was right. But I had to stop myself before I absolutely let my instincts get a hold of me.

My reasoning was simple, if I had succumbed to such desires, I think I would have taken it all the way. There was no way I could have stopped myself if we had gone any further if she had as much as taken off that pretty little blue dress she was wearing.

I suppose I still have to be a gentleman, even though I needed nothing more now than y/n. And every passing day that I wasn't brushing my hands on her skin was a day I'd be spending miserably.

I am so fucking sexually frustrated.

The way my body was at the mercy of these primal urges made me feel so fragile and in a strange way also angry.

But if I were to do this with y/n, I think anyone else would say we would have to be bonded together forever, forced to be married immediately, and maybe even punished for doing such a thing before the due time came.

And although it wasn't unheard of for people our age to be doing such things in secret, I didn't think y/n deserved to be lusted over so quickly. I hope this only happens when the time is right, as knowing how much I'm enamored with her, I would probably not be able to stop my seed from fertilizing her.

The idea alone made me go crazy. But that's precisely why I couldn't let my nether regions make decisions—any decisions, for that matter.

I was weak—an absolute slave to my desires. And I was extremely proud of the way I handled us yesterday; the image of what could have been kept replaying in my head over and over again.

I was so enamored, perhaps, that the very next day, I showed her the undercroft, and oh dear Ominis almost chopped my head off for doing so. But he ultimately understood.

A week had passed. At this point, I think most of our class had figured out that y/n and I were paired everywhere we went. I suppose we made our feelings towards each other very obvious to anyone with eyes, and I would be embarrassed about such a thing, but I didn't care.

A few more weeks passed, and we had become an unstoppable force, I invited her to meet Anne, we went on many adventures, and we even found the Scriptorium. Everything was wonderful.

But sometimes great things that come quickly go quickly also, there was a battle inside of me, something brewing within.

I woke up one night in a cold sweat. It had been weeks since I had a night terror about Anne.

Oh, Anne...how could you be doing...

I felt an immense feeling of guilt. Suddenly and abruptly. I had been all happy and merry these past few weeks, completely ignoring the most important thing: getting Anne freed from her curse.

Sure, I had made some progress here and there, but I had this gut feeling that whatever I had to do, I had to do it fast.

_______________

"I may know someone who could help us get ahead" Y/n proposed a plan for us to catch up with Ranrok.

"And who is that?" I said attentively.