Chapter 27

Sebastian POV

"We missed you dearly this weekend Sebastian" Ominis approached me and Imelda in the common room.

"I bet he didn't miss us" Imelda said while taking a sip of her morning tea.

"You're right, I didn't" I shrugged while smiling at her.

"You know who also missed your ugly face?" Imelda seemed like she was getting ready to start some drama early.

"Our dear librarian?" I started fixing my tie.

"Those two girls you've been walking to class" Imelda said, making Ominis give me a strange look.

"Ugh it's not like that Imelda" I pressed down on the wrinkles of my shirt, "Don't say something like that in front of Y/n"

"You two seem to be getting serious..." Ominis raised his brows, "Are you two in a relationship yet?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused by his question, "Well, yeah...isn't it obvious?"

"So you asked her to be your girlfriend already?" Ominis asked.

I looked at him with a face that made Imelda laugh.

"I'm supposed to ask her to be my girlfriend?" I asked.

Both Imelda and Ominis audibly let out noise in frustration.

Ominis almost lounged at me, "Sebastian you are a complete empty brained idiot"

"What? Why?!" I said while Ominis grabbed me by my collar. Imelda laughing her ass off.

"You must ask her to be your girlfriend, it's the proper way" Ominis shook me.

"For Merlin's sake Ominis, what would you know about the proper way?" Imelda kept laughing.

Ominis' cheeks went red and he let go of me.

"He's right though Sebastian, how have you not asked her that yet?" Imelda pointed at me.

"I didn't know I was supposed to!" I said completely stressed out.

"How can you be so rigid" Ominis crossed his arms.

"Ok, well what am I supposed to—how am I meant to ask her to be my girlfriend?" I pleaded for some guidance.

"Just ask her, it's not like she'll say no" Imelda shrugged.

"But...what if she does say no?" I worried.

Imelda rolled her eyes, "Then you can court one of the other girls that are interested in you"

I wanted to turn Imelda into a toad, "Imelda." I restrained from saying anything else.

Ominis chuckled, amused by our altercation.

"I mean you're already walking them to class...and lending them books..." She continued.

"If I was Y/n I wouldn't be happy with that" Ominis shook his head.

Why do my friends love to make my life miserable.

"You two are just jealous I have other friends" I responded.

"Friends? Those girls are so clearly in love with you, I mean do they even know you have a girlfriend?" Imelda questioned.

"Technically he doesn't yet" Ominis added.

I sighed in frustration, "Well what am I supposed to do? Tell them to fuck off?"

"Yes" Imelda said at the same time that Ominis
said, "No"

"Ugh come on, Y/n trusts me enough, plus I don't think she's the jealous type anyways" I shrugged them off.

"You're delusional" Imelda stated, "If it were her walking boys to class you'd be hysterical, crying to us about it"

"That's entirely not true, I'm trying to not be like that anymore, I trust Y/n" I assured Imelda.

She let out a slight chuckle, and with a grin she said, "So you don't care that Garreth asked her out on Friday?"

I froze. My expression dropped immediately, "What."

"I was going to tell you about it sooner or later" Ominis interjected.

"H-how do you both know about this?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Sebastian, everyone knows. It was the main topic of conversation all weekend" Ominis revealed.

I could have dropped to my knees. Why on earth would Garreth ask her out knowing me and her are together? What is he trying to do? What did she tell him?

"He's a dead man." My fists balling up.

"You just said you weren't like that anymore and you trusted her!" Imelda grabbed my arm.

"I trust her, but I don't trust him!" My heart pounding fast.

"Sebastian!" Nerida popped into the scene.

I turned to her, my anger dissipating a little.

"Y/n wants to see you in the library"

My body relaxed almost immediately.

"And just like that, he's subdued" Ominis said, while Imelda let go of my shoulder.

I wasted no time.

I started making my way to the library. Feeling a little more at ease. I knew that seeing Y/n would make me feel better.

I walked through the halls lost in thought.

And then, Garreth Weasley walked past me.

I clenched my jaw.

As he walked past me, Garreth flashed me a polite smile.

The reality was that he was probably just saying hi, but I was so suddenly upset again.

I wanted to punch him in the face.

He is probably always lurking in the shadows, waiting to steal her away.

I tried to push those thoughts aside, but I didn't understand or know why this was affecting me so much.

I suppose something about Garreth made me feel somewhat insecure.

I mean, is he kinder to her than I am? Is he more thoughtful? More intelligent?

I fixed my hair.

Is he better looking?

I looked down at my uniform.

Does he present himself better than me?

I stared at my hands, my permanently reddened knuckles, the calluses in my hands.

Is he less violent? Less volatile?

Please Sebastian, if it was a competition between you and him, he'd win. Weasley has never caused anyone as much pain as you have. Weasley probably would have never casted crucio on her. Weasley has never killed anyone. Weasley is probably a better man than you are.

Why am I such an emotional idiotic mess lately.

First I ruin Y/n and I's weekend by getting all upset over the past. And now I'm moping around school because of something so stupid.

I feel so inadequate.

Do I even deserve her?

-

-

-

-