Chapter 20

Sebastian POV

I sat down with Ominis and Imelda for dinner. We started talking.

"I just can't believe quidditch didn't come back at all, we will graduate Hogwarts not having had a proper Hogwarts experience" Imelda ranted.

"I don't care Imelda" Ominis responded, "It's not like I would have been able to play anyways"

"Sure, but what about me, I was meant to be the captain!" She said with food in her mouth.

"I'm sure you would have been great" Ominis said uninterested.

"What about you Sebastian? I bet you would have wanted to be in the team" She pointed at me with her fork.

I reflected on it for a moment, "Maybe I would have gone to the try outs, but I'm not entirely sure"

To be honest, I wasn't that enthralled by the idea of being in the team. I just wasn't that agile while flying anyways...although I knew someone who was.

"I'm sure y/n would have joined the team" I pictured her in the quidditch uniform, she would look so cute wearing it.

"She is pretty great with a broom" Imelda said with a hint of jealousy, "She's beaten me in more flying races than I have beaten her, she surpasses my expectations"

Of course she beats the best flyer in our school, why wouldn't she, if she can also beat the best duelist with ease. Is there honestly anything she can't outdo someone at?

Us talking about her must have conjured her up, as she quietly took a seat next to me.

"Hi" She got close to me.

"Speaking of the devil" Ominis said.

Y/n looked around suspiciously, "What about me were you speaking about"

"Sebastian and Imelda were just gushing about how great you would be in the school's nonexistent quidditch team" Ominis revealed.

She seems to have perked up at the idea, "Oh I know I would have made the team, and I know Imelda would have been the captain"

Imelda's eyes lightened up, "Thank you, finally someone with an ounce of sense"

"And you two would be with green painted faces being our loyal cheerleaders" Y/n referred to Ominis and I.

"Of course"The silly image of Ominis' face all green made me smile, "I'd be painted green all quidditch season for you"

The girls laughed, Ominis shook his head.

"Don't group me into this plan, the farthest I'd go would be attending the games" Ominis scoffed.

"You're such a stick in the mud" Imelda rolled her eyes.

Her and Ominis started bickering with each other. I took it as an opportunity to direct myself at y/n.

"You surely would have been one the greatest quidditch players ever, I'm sure" I said to her and held her hand under the table.

"Maybe you would have been great also" She held my hand slightly tighter.

I shook my head, "I doubt it, just the other day while flying nearby I almost fell off my broom"

"Well maybe we should be doing more flying together, it would be good practice" She proposed.

"That sounds like a good idea" I smiled wholeheartedly.

"Any more of hearing you both talk and I'll be soon puking candy floss and rainbow sprinkles" Imelda interrupted us.

Y/n let go of my hand, "That's enough of a reason for us to keep going" She said while starting to eat the food in front of her.

Someone poked themselves in between me and Y/n.

Weasley?

"I accidentally took your book by mistake" He directed himself at y/n.

I tried my best to look away and seem unbothered, but I just kept staring. And I could see Imelda was also.

"Thank you Garreth" She took the book from his hands.

"No problem" He then got entirely way too close to her for my liking, "Silly Slyther..." He whispered at her. I barely could hear what he said.

She giggled as he walked away.

What the actual fuck was that.

We all went back to eating. I looked at Imelda as she was shooting me a strange look. I don't even want to know what sort of gears were turning in her head.

It wasn't a big deal. Am I the jealous type? 100 times yes. But I need to stop, it's not like y/n would actually ever go for Weasley. I was just being irrational. And regardless, she is her own person and should be able to talk to her friends, even if it's uh...even if it's Weasley.

I surprisingly was able to compose myself, "This weekend we should practice fast flying at some point" I tried to steer the conversation.

She turned to me, "That sounds like it has potential to be fun"

"I'll make sure it is a very pleasant time" I said while cutting a steak into small pieces.

"You two lovebirds spending a day together?" Imelda snooped.

"More like a weekend" I answered still cutting into my stake.

"You two are staying over with Anne?" Ominis asked.

"Anne can't stay alone while I'm at school, so she's at the care of another family member until the winter break when I go home again" I ate a piece of the cut stake.

"Interesting..." Ominis smiled and seemed now suspicious of y/n and I.

Imelda also shot us a suspicious look.

Good Merlin, they now know y/n and I are going to be spending a whole weekend alone, in a house, together. Who knows what they are assuming right at this moment.

"This steak is delicious" I tried to subvert from the topic of conversation, "Here, you should try it" I raised my fork to y/n's mouth.

She bit down, "That's good" She said while chewing and covering her mouth with her hand sheepishly.

I took another piece of stake and raised it to Ominis across the table, "You want to try it Ominis?"

"You better not be approaching me with your rancid stake right now" Ominis put his hand out to block me.

"You're missing out" I shrugged.

The rest of dinner we spent speaking of the usual topics of conversation.

We all walked to our common room together, once we were in it, Imelda and Omini's said they were tired and went to their rooms. Meanwhile y/n and I stayed outside talking for just a bit longer.

"I sorta don't want to go to sleep anytime soon" She admitted.

"Why's that?" I said.

"I had a nightmare last night, a pretty scary one, woke up crying" She said.

"A nightmare about what?" I asked

"I don't even want to talk about it out loud" Y/n responded.

I pulled her to me and gave her a big hug, "I wish I could hold you tonight so you don't have another nightmare"

She buried her head in my chest. I kissed the top of her head.

"In the future, if you have a nightmare, sneak into my room and wake me up" I said into her hair, "I won't mind"

She looked up at me, "Ok, if i have another nightmare, I will" She said, and leaned in to give me a kiss.

"Goodnight darling" I whispered.

"Goodnight Sebastian" She responded.

We both went to our rooms.

-

-

-

-

-