1- The Other Side of the Sea

--- 3 years later ---

"Hey" a young boy with blonde hair and green eyes says as he looks up at the sky above him, birds flying over him as he lays on his back on the ground, "it's dangerous here. Fly away somewhere far away".

"Falco!" a blonde haired green eyed man says as he kneels down next to the boy named Falco.

"Huh? What's my brother doing here?" Falco asks as he looks at the man.

"Good! You're still talking!" the man says as he takes his hat off and puts it on Falco's head.

"Colt!" a soldier says as he runs by the two of them, only to be shot down.

"Time to run! Hold on!" Colt says as he puts Falco onto his back, running back to the trenches.

The two make it to the trenches as they both fall down, their comrades pulling them down into the trenches.

"Colt? Status report?" the Commander says as he comes out from within one of the rooms.

"It was a direct hit" Colt says as he tries to catch his breath, "the Eldian unit at the front got blown away".

"And the trench?" the man asks as he looks at Colt.

"It's hopeless! We can't dig any farther!" Colt says as he looks up at the man.

"We can't? You're calling the shots> An Eldian, giving orders?" the man asks as he tilts his head slightly.

"Watch your tone with Commander Magath, you mutt!" the soldier behind Commander Magath says as he peeks over his shoulder.

"But at this rate..." Colt says persistently.

"Falco, are you drunk?" a blonde haired girl asks from Falco's left side.

"He must've hit his head good" a brown haired girl says as from in front of Falco.

"Do you remember this war we've been in for five years?" a black haired boy asks from Falco's right side.

"Who are you guys?" Falco asks as he looks at the three of them, "wait... huh? Wasn't I flying around with a sword right now? Like, whoosh! And there were titans that I-".

"Guess I'll just have to explain everything from the start" the brown haired girl says as she pours water on Falco's head, "listen up good, Falco. This battle is the climax of a war that's lasted four years. If we can take out Fort Slava... well, technically, if we sink the Mid-East Allied Forces fleet in its port, it'll spell victory for Marley and end the war. But unless we take Fort Slava sitting on the high ground, it's hopeless to attack the port".

"Why can't the Marley fleet just do it?" the blonde haired girl asks as she wipes the blood from Falco's face.

"Seriously, Sofia?" the black haired boy asks as he looks at Sofia, "you have faith in the fleet? It took those imbeciles four years to control the seas!" he says as he starts to tighten the bandage around Falco's head, "and guess what? They lost half their damn ships doing it! Now they're telling us they're too chicken to attack until we take the fort? Screw them all! They're pricks!".

"Udo, you're going to squeeze Falco's head off" the brown haired girl says as she hits Udo on the head.

"Whoops! Sorry!" Udo says as Falco slides off his chair, onto the ground.

"So what's the deal? Why'd they send us Warrior candidates to the front lines?" Falco asks as he holds his head.

"To judge us, obviously" the brown haired girl says with a smirk, "to pick which one of us will be the next Warrior. The time is coming. Commander Magath chose the front lines to be our final test. He knows what's on the horizon. The plan to conquer Paradis needs a main player, the successor to the Armoured titan".