forgiveness | present!Byakuran

There were knocks from your window and was the cause why you woke up from your slumber. They were soft, on the point it didn't irritate you and instead only swayed the curtains open on one side and saw how white it was outside.

Surely, it's the middle of winter today where a thick blanket of snow would be placed all over the place, but you weren't expecting to see a familiar figure sitting on the other side of the window.

Your sleepiness was starting to wear off from your system as you blinked to process the current situation. It felt like you just saw the teen in front of you recently, but the memories that you had received were certainly from a distant, alternate future.

Looking at the white-haired teen, he only presented a wide smile towards you with both of his eyes closed. He was sitting with his legs crossed, while the angel-like wings he had on his back spread beautifully around him and it was so bright that you were sure it was brighter than the sun behind him.

Speaking of the sun, you turned your head towards the direction of your bedside table where your digital clock says it was already five eighteen in the morning.

You looked back towards the teen once again, but now with a blank expression sitting in your face. He only turned his head slightly on the side – as if showing he was wondering why you have such an expression painted in your face anyways.

It's not as if he was expecting to be yelled at because he literally visited you so early in the morning where the sun was barely coming up in the sky and when the snow was starting to fall over him.

Byakuran's reaction made you a little bit annoyed inside.

It felt like he ticked a switch on in your system that you just had to open the lock of your window and slide it on the side so that you can invite the teen inside, worried that he'll freeze to death if he keeps staying out there. Byakuran finally opened his eyes, this time, letting out a hum as if to question your actions.

There was a brief silence between the two of you before you opened your mouth to finally say something, "...you've been waiting outside for a while now, weren't you?"

The teen nodded and hummed in response, "You took a while before waking up, you know?" Byakuran said in a somewhat sulky voice, his cheeks puffing into a small pout, "It would be great if I get to see your sleeping face once again, (Name)-chan~"

You scrunch your face towards him, feeling a bit suspicious from his words, "Alright, enough with the teasing – Do you want to come in or freeze to death?"

Byakuran couldn't help but let his eyebrows knit, "Aww, (Name)-chan you're so cold.."

There was a hint of sadness beneath his words, but you decided to ignore it and watched him enter from your window and closed it. It was so cold that you just wanted to hurry up and close it, letting in more winter air would be the death of you as you were only wearing your pajamas and they weren't suited for outwear.

Bringing back your attention towards Byakuran, you saw him looking around your room with a smile on his face. You remember from the depths of your memories that you would always see him with a smile – regardless of what he's feeling at the time. Sure, back then you were a close subordinate he had before your and Shouichi's betrayal towards him, but you truly did care about him that you helped your other friend to stop his cruelty.

He let out a chuckle once he saw how your room was. Byakuran thought that the decorations and furniture that you had said a lot about your personality – it was simple and neat, but with the selection of plushies on your desk and the side of your bed added a little bit of cuteness in the atmosphere. It felt like you didn't change, even seeing your younger self.