Chapter 52

DIGGY

I open my eyes to the darkness in Eli's room. I noticed that the sun was up but he had the curtains closed which he usually never does. I paid it no mind cause the joy and fulness of waking up in this bed and in this room again feels indescribable. I turn over and I see that Eli is not here. His side of the bed is made and I see how empty the room is.

"Eli." I whisper as I stretch my arms out.

I see Rocky jump onto the bed into my lap panting and breathless. I pull off the covers and I head straight for the bathroom. I see the white rose petals leading from the door to the shower. The smell of the vanilla candle warmed my nostrils and the heat of the shower soothed my body.

I saw that Eli had my favorite shower products and I used them really taking my time and relaxing as I showered. After I finished I dried off and wrapped the towel around my lower body. I walked through the fog and made it to the sink. I started to brush my teeth and I saw the Polaroid pictures Eli had of us taped around the edges of the mirror.

I smiled at the small decor Eli had set up in the bathroom. I went for the mouthwash and I noticed that the promise ring he had gave me was gone. I searched through every drawer in the bathroom and couldn't find it. I was hoping this wasn't a set up.

I called Eli's phone but all I got was the voicemail tone.

I slid on my grey Calvin Klein underwear and my tanktop. I exited the bathroom and I saw that the bed was made and that there was a garment bag with a suit in it and a note.

"Goodmorning babe, I thought you might like this suit. I wanted you to look good for my suprise this evening. I got a lot for you to do and I already have a limo waiting for you. Love Always Eli."

I took out the suit and I saw a blue blazer and pants set with a cream turtle neck. I threw it on with some of Eli's cologne and I went in the closet and I opened the rolex that Eli had bought me a while back. I slipped it on and it fit perfectly over my wrist. I also took the chain Eli gave me and put in on over my turtle neck.

I stood in the mirror and I fixed myself up. Putting on some lip balm and brushing my hair. I grabbed my phone and my wallet and I head down the stairs. I see the limo driver already waiting at the door. I walk over to him and he opens the door for me.

I sit in the wide open space and I see a checklist with my name on it. I saw a list of things to do and at the bottom it said suprise. I only wondered what Eli could have been doing.

"So where to Mr. Cook?" The driver asked.

"Uh idk, this list says to 870 Northway Avenue." I say as I realize what he said. "What did you call me?"

"Mr. Cook sir." He spoke truthfully.

I just sat back and I looked down as he drived. I looked out the window and I noticed that we were pulling up to Avery's house.

I saw her standing a poster board and holding Marcel on one hip. I exited the car and I approached her. Her poster said do you hear the bells with glitter and confetti on it.

"Avery what is going on?" I question her.

"I cant tell you that, take this information what you will. But I know you will love the suprise just as much as us." She said. "You look handsome friend."

I saw Marcel sucking on his fingers and as I reached out for him he easily came to me. I held him and he layed his hear on my chest. I kiss his head and I notice how big he has gotten.

"Hey do you remember me?" I ask him.

"Dijjy." He says in his high slurred tone.

I smile and hug him even harder. "I love you." I tell him.