Prologue

James Carter had a successful career as a business executive. He had a spacious office, a comfortable salary, and a reputation for being smart and efficient. He had everything he ever worked for and more. 

He couldn't find any meaning or satisfaction in his work. He didn't care about the deals he made or the profits he earned. He felt like he was wasting his life on something that didn't matter to him at all. He wanted something else, something more. He wanted her.

Her name was Mia Johnson, and she was the only woman who ever made him feel alive. He met her 5 years ago when he was on a family holiday trip in New York. She was the owner of a small art gallery that sat just around the corner from James's penthouse. James hated art. The reason he was there in the first place was to get a painting for his nephew's tenth birthday. The moment he stepped foot inside, James was instantly captivated by her crystal clear emerald eyes and her European-like sharp nose. She was witty and charming, and she challenged him in every way. He asked her out, and she agreed. They had a whirlwind romance, full of passion and adventure. He felt things for her that he had never felt before, and he was sure that she was the one.

But then, she disappeared. One day, he woke up and she was gone. She left him a note, saying that she was sorry, but she had to leave. She didn't give him any explanation, any reason, any clue. She just vanished, without a trace. He tried to find her, to contact her, to understand what happened, but he couldn't. She had changed her phone number, her email, her address. She had erased herself from his life, and from the world.

He was devastated and angry. He felt betrayed and hurt. He couldn't believe that she would do that to him, that she would throw away their love like that. He couldn't accept that she was gone, and he couldn't move on. He became obsessed with finding her, with getting her back. He hired private investigators, he searched the internet, he followed every lead, every rumor, every clue. But nothing worked. She was gone, and he was lost.

Until today. Today, he finally found her. He was browsing through a website when he saw her picture. She was smiling, holding a tray of food, and wearing a waitress's uniform. The caption said that she was working at a high-end restaurant in west Hollywood and that she was happy and friendly. He couldn't believe his eyes. He clicked on the link, and he saw more pictures of her, and more details about her life. She had a new name, a new identity, a new story. She had amnesia, and she didn't remember anything about her past. She didn't remember him, or their love.

He felt a surge of emotions, a mix of joy and pain, of hope and fear, of relief and anger. He was happy that he had found her, that she was alive and well. He was hopeful that he could get her back, that he could make her remember him and their love. He was relieved that she didn't leave him on purpose, that she didn't hate him or cheat on him. But he was also pained that she had forgotten him, that she didn't recognize him or love him. He was fearful that she wouldn't want him back, that she would reject him or resist him. He was angry that she had amnesia, that she had a new life, a new story.

He decided to go to Los Angeles, to see her, to talk to her, to win her back. He didn't care about the risks, the consequences, or the obstacles. He didn't care about anything, except for her. He booked a flight, packed his bags, and left his office. He was determined to get her back, to restore her memory, and to reclaim their love. He was on a mission, and he wouldn't stop until he succeeded.