Ch.9: New skills and new faces pt.1

Daybreak had come, and Qixi was outside kicking and punching the air as well as swinging her special stick around, or as she calls it, her staff. While Qixi was doing her own little thing, her two dads were inside their little home cleaning it up. Wukong swept the floor while Macaque cleaned the dishes in the sink, humming a few songs as he did so.

After a while of sweeping, Wukong catches himself sweeping next to a window that is facing the house porch and the woods outside. Upon doing so, Wukong's ears twitched as he heard faint grunts and leaves being hit from outside the window. With a raising brow, Wukong looked out the window, seeing a very fast yet clumsy Qixi twirling and swinging a stick around as various grunts and groans escaped her mouth.

Wukong smiled softly, watching his daughter attack the air as if there was someone invisible in front of her, maybe a bandit? He chuckled lightly, seeing her trip on her feet for a moment before catching herself her arms stretched out like she was in a 'T' position Vixen right next to her with his paw on his mouth as if to hold in a laugh or in this case a chirp.

Wukong kept on watching, which caught the other male's attention since he was already done with his task, and he raised his brow at the other, having love filling the sun's eyes, making Macaque smile. "What ya looking at peaches?" He said with a chirp, almost startling the other the broom almost falling out of the orange simains hands, but he easily got a firm hold on it soon sending a glare over to his lover who chuckled finding his glare cute.

Wukong sighed as he straightened himself up again, answering Macaque's question from before. "I'm just watching Qixi playing outside. There's no need to startle me like that." He said a playful, smirk planting itself on his lips as he glanced at Qixi one last time before closing the blinds, walking over to the tanned simain who raised his eye brow at the other "Oh? What's Qixi doing to make you stare at her from the window?" He asked as Wukong continued on with his task, keeping his eyes firmly on the ground below him.

"You know her. She's pretending to fight again. If anything, it's pretty cute seeing her act like that." He answered, smiling once again, sweeping the dust from the floor into the little dustpan, his foot holding it down slightly to make sure the dust doesn't go under. Macaque watched as Wukong's words filled his head, making him think for a moment before finally breaking the small silence between them. "What if we trained her to fight?"

Wukong perked up that the sudden suggested freezing in place. "What do you mean?" He asked back, facing Macaque as he scoffed a laugh."Com'n Peaches! You know, as well as I do, that she wants to learn how to fight! For Buddha's sake, she even pretends to be fighting imagined creatures and monsters she made up just to feel like she can fight!" He said with a chuckle, smiling sheepishly as Wukong raised a brow with a worried like face. He thought it over a side of him, saying yes while the other side thought of dangerous possibilities. Wukong shook his head, looking away from Macaque as he went back to sweeping the floor.

"I don't know, Macaque, it seems risky.." He said full heartily, which made Macaque's head tilt to the side at Wukong's words. "Wukong, we live in the middle of nowhere. No one's gonna hear or see us if we do train Qixi!" Macaque said, finding it hard to understand why Wukong thought training Qixi was a death wish, apparently.

"But what about the village? They'll be suspicious if they hear random sounds coming from the mountains!" Wukong argued back this time, his tone becoming more worried as his mind betrayed him into thinking horrible things that might happen to them. "Then we'll just do mediation training. I mean, that's basically the first step anyways then we'll slowly work our way to physical training! Who knows, we might even be able to teach her sword fighting?" Wukong rolled his eyes, a smile now coming on to his face as he bonked Macaque on the head with the broom.