Chapter 2 Pool Time

3rd POV

It was a hot summer day in August, the sun was beaming down the heat. Many animals take shelter to avoid the heat, while others enjoy a nice cooling in a pool or a cold room. Unfortunately in the Cherryton dorms, the air conditioning isn't powerful for the rooms that face the sun. One of those rooms was the three female humans that were using it. Mary, Susan, and Lucy began to discover that their dorm room has the flaw of facing the sun. Yes it comes with good perks by laying on the ground to soak in the sunlight, but heat wasn't a perk they liked. It got hot, the room became stuffy past noon and peaked at 2, before staying that way through until 5 before it started to cool down. They may have window curtains, but it doesn't block out the heat.

They all agreed to leave their window open at night so the summer breeze and cold can enter the room. It was actually Lucy's idea that it was so stuffy, that they began to sleep off their beds and on the floor near the window. Lucy also wished they had a portable air conditioning unit that can be for a sliding window. So the day would begin normally, but as soon as it becomes 12 o'clock, they all depart the dorm building to relax in a shaded area. Either from a tree, being a building, or anywhere they could go. The three girls were at the moment next to the tennis courts under the trees.

Lucy was using a hand fan, "Why can't we just visit the polar bear room downstairs?"

"I don't think they are in use at the moment." replied Susan who lifted her head before laying back down as she rested a cold can of ice tea against it, "It's only during the school year when those rooms are used."

"Darn it."Lucy quickly closes the fan.

Mary had a wash cloth against her head. She got it from their bathroom and has used an outdoor faucet next to the tennis courts to wet it.

"Look at the bright side," Mary looks over, "We're not collapsing from heat stroke."

Lucy reached over and taps Mary on the leg with the hand fan before reopening it to use, "Ice cream sounds good right now."

"You can say that again." Replied Susan.

"Has Jack said anything about the pool situation?"

Mary pulls the washcloth off, "He hasn't yet. Principal Gon told him that the pool had to be filled and cleaned. It hasn't been filled since last year when the swim club used it last."

"Ughh..." groaned Lucy, "I brought my swimsuit I wanna try."

"We know Lucy... we know..." Susan muttered.

"You gonna drink that?" Mary points to Susan's ice tea.

"Eventually..."

Mary's phone then buzzed, she lowered her washcloth before pulling out her phone. It was a text message from Jacob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacob: Hey

Jacob: Jack just notified me that the pool is now open for us. You wanna swim?

Mary: Absolutely

Jacob: Great. I'll tell Jack and we'll meet you on the roof.

Mary: 👍

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary puts her phone down and looks over at her cousins, "Hey Lucy, guess what?"

Lucy looks over at her, "What?"

"Jacob says we can go swimming now."

Without missing a beat, Lucy jumps up and raises her hands in victory. "Yes! Let's go!"