Chapter 3 Progressing

Mary POV:

Today is August 30th, and as expected, Summer is quickly blowing by. Normally for us we would have been in school already since we get out in early June and return in late August. But due to being at Cherryton, things are different. Like doing two weeks of school during summer break, but it is mandatory. At the moment, me, my cousins, Jacob, Jack and Legoshi were in a class together. Due to the lack of students being here at the moment, we were all together for all the classes. It was kinda empty, like about 15 students counting us were there.

We were in Sea Speech Class, and we're all in again alphabetical seating. This goes for all other classes that we were taking. I was writing some notes down when I got the feeling of someone watching me. Glancing back I caught Legoshi who quickly looked forward. I just smiled. To help myself with my thoughts I started to write in my notebook.

Recently Legoshi and I have been meeting up at the boy's fire escape. We meet every couple of days, one time we met three days in a row. I'm not complaining. I find it enjoyable to just have a one on one talk without the others. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy their company too, but since I know Legoshi's heart and mine too, I wanna see if things we have can progress. Like becoming a relationship. But I don't know... to those who are close to me can say, I am in love with a wolf.

Then I heard the teacher speak as I stopped writing to hear what Mrs. Gesshirui had to say.

"Alright class, we will finish our lesson next time. And as a reminder, we will be having a special visitor from the aquatic world coming here. Practice your Sea Speech."

Class was finally over. I looked over at Lucy who was down the row from Legoshi, she looked relieved that it was over.

Susan walks down from her seat, "You looked tired."

"I am... *Yawn*" Lucy stretches, "Normally I would be taking a nap now."

"You can do that after classes, you're still in summer you know." Susan raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah... but for one more month, then school starts up again." Lucy begins to pack her things away.

We all gathered our supplies and exited the lecture hall, I carried some of my books out.

"When do your roommates return?" Asked Jacob.

"I think in two weeks they'll wanna get started on summer courses." Replied Jack, "And also to spend the last summer together."

"That's nice." Replied Lucy.

"And to spend time with you four too." Jack smiled as he nudged Jacob, "You guys are fun."

I listened to the others talk but slowed down to look out the window.

Such a good day...

I then looked forward to continue walking but my path was blocked by Mazuchi and her friends.

"Hello freak."

I tried to walk past them, ignoring what she said but she just stepped in front of me.

"Mazuchi, if you're here to ask about your boyfriend or Haru, I'm not answering."

"That's not what I was gonna ask," she places her hands on her hips, "you stupid girl. I came because of a rumor spreading around the school. That you spent the night with a wolf."

Mazuchi's friends began to laugh and mock me.

"She is becoming a slut just like Haru!"

"As usual, your species is pathetic!"

"Gross!"

"Humans are the worst!"

I shook my head, "We didn't do anything that night, and you don't know what actually happened."