Chapter 17 The Heist

3rd POV: October 23rd

Today was the day. The ten humans were finishing up their plan to gather evidence. During the weekend, they discussed the procedure and which job everyone would be. Six would go into the vent and into the lecture hall. And four of them would keep an eye out for anyone who would walk by or worst case scenario is they enter the lecture hall. At the moment, they were in their last class of the day. Mary was in a science classroom behind a table with few students. There were beakers, containers, and chemicals all around the room. Either in shelves, in a cabinet, or in a small round plastic container. They were all wearing protective glasses as the teacher was explaining.

"Now class, if you can see up here on the table. I have in this clear plastic container is calcium carbide. Can anyone tell me its density?" Asked Mr. Zorrillo, who is a skunk.

Mary raised her hand, "2.22"

"Correct." Zorrillo nodded, "Calcium Carbide is also quite dangerous. It may cause skin irritation and burning in the eyes. Which is why I'm wearing protective gloves, glasses and a mask. Now then I'll take a small sample of the Calcium Carbide." He picked up a skinny rod that was flattened at the end to pick a small sample. He dropped it in a glass tube before using a pipette that's filled with water. "Now then, if we add a bit of water to the calcium carbide, it'll react and release hydrogen gas." Zorrillo covered the tube with a cotton ball before pulling out a long rod lighter. He removed the cotton ball and held the lighter close as he lit it. Within a couple of seconds after holding the flame close to the tube, the hydrogen ignited. It was quick and it released a small pop sound.

Pop.

"As you can see, hydrogen gas is very flammable. And it's wise to keep large quantities of Calcium Carbide dry and away from water."

Ring!

The school bell rang, Mr. Zorrillo looked at the clock to see it was 3 pm. "Alright class, that's all we have for today. Next class, we'll explore more of the chemical gasses that are released in minerals."

With that, class was dismissed. All the students packed their things and exited the room.

"What do you do with the flammable materials, Mr. Zorrillo?" Asked a male weasel student.

"We keep them in the minerals and chemicals closet." Zorrillo pointed to a door at the back of the room, "There is another door behind that specially for flammable materials. Thankfully the room is made out of fire resistant material so if there was a fire, it won't touch any of the dangerous stuff."

Mary picked up her backpack and exited the room. Just as she walked down the hall, the female announcer began to speak over the speakers.

"Today is Environmental Day. It will be crowded later, so please finish up all business as soon as possible. I repeat... It will be crowded later, so please finish up all business as soon as possible."

Mary walked across the school towards the closest girls bathroom that was near Lecture Hall 2. When she turned the corner, the whole group was waiting.

"Are we all here?" Asked Mary as she looked all around.

Bianca nodded, "Yes."

"So what do we do now?" Asked Sarah.

Mary points to the bathroom, "We're gonna go in there and change out of our uniforms, and wait for when most of everyone is gone."

The girls except for Hannah began to walk to the bathroom.

Mason quickly tugs on Susan, "What should we do?"

Susan pulled out her phone and answered, "Just start walking around. We will text you if it's clear."

"Got it." Mason nodded.