Chapter 15 Healing A Broken Heart

3rd POV: October 17th

The sun soared across the sky as another day dawns. All the students woke up and got ready for the day. The humans got up and did their routine. But someone was missing. Susan was the first one to notice.

"Where's Mary?" She asked.

They all looked at one another.

"I don't know." Said Sarah. "She was here when I went to use the restroom a couple of hours ago."

"I heard our door close like an hour ago. She must've left early." Said Bianca.

Lucy shrugged, "She probably has something to do for one of her classes this morning. Her backpack isn't here so she could be doing that."

Maddie looked over at her, "Are you sure? She didn't mention yesterday that she had to leave early for it today."

"Mary is probably at the cafeteria, we can ask her." Said Susan as she picks up her bag.

As they all grabbed their backpacks and left their room, Hannah leaned over to Sarah, "I wonder what she's doing?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They went up the stairs and into the cafeteria. Jacob, Mason and Hector were already there. After grabbing their breakfast, they joined the rest of their group.

"Morning." Said Hector.

Jacob looked at all of them and noticed something. "Where's Mary?"

"That's what we're wondering." Said Susan, "She wasn't in our dorm this morning."

"Where is she then?"

Bianca leaned over, "Lucy noticed that her backpack wasn't in our dorm this morning so she could be doing something class related."

Jacob pulled out his phone to send a text to Mary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacob: Hey. We are eating breakfast, wanna join us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He puts his phone away. They ate their breakfast and before long, it was time for school. After returning the rays, they all went to class, still wondering where Mary was.

Hours passed, before long it was lunch time. And still there was someone missing from their group. And finally the end of the school day has finally come. Everyone was either heading back to their dorm or hanging out with friends.

The humans slowly started to gather near the dorm. Jacob, Hannah, Susan, Hector, Maddie and Mason were all standing together.

"The homework is never ending." Muttered Mason as he kicked a small pebble across the dirt.

Jacob looked at them all, "Have any of you seen Mary today?"

"I haven't seen her." Replied Maddie.

Hector raised his hand, "I think I spotted her down a hallway when I exited class."

Mason nodded in agreement, "Same."

"She hasn't answered my text." Jacob pulled out his phone, "I feel like something is wrong."

Susan was about to reply when Mason pointed over towards the cafeteria and theater building, "Here she comes."

They all turned and looked. Mary was walking towards them carrying some books. But something was wrong, they can tell by her body language that she is upset. Mary had her head bent down a bit, shoulders sluggish and her expression appeared to be full of sadness. She walked past them without saying anything, she looked like she was about to cry. None of them could say anything, they watched her enter the dorm. All soon felt concerned.