MOST PRECIOUS DIAMOND

Mohtaaj manzil ka toh nahi hai
Ye ek tarfa mera safar,
safar
Khoobsurat hai manzil se bhi

***************

Sometimes Murtasim thinks he suffers from chronic "Say Yes to responsibilities" disease because why else on earth would he agree to his uncle's request of bringing Meerab to her surprise birthday party??

Oh he knows why. He definitely does.

It was to get a glimps of Meerab.

So much for forgetting her, huh?

And now that he had taken on the mighty responsibility of safely delivering Meerab to the party, he was obviously suffering the inevitable consequences.

Because Meerab, being the menace that she was, was no where to be found!

She was not at home. She did not inform the maid where she was going either.

So now he, Khan Murtasim Khan, was on a wild goose chase through the huge city of Karachi looking for that brat of a girl.

As if this wasn't enough, she had the audacity to cut his call without telling her location!

Who did she think she was?

Why was she so good at driving him crazy? If not in love, then in rage?

After looking for her in some of her friend's houses, the maid finally called him after ages with news of Meerab's whereabouts.

And where exactly was Miss. Ill-mannered and short- tempered?

Yes, in a birthday party that some friend of her is throwing!

He cannot believe his luck.

Here he was spending sleepless nights planning for Meerab's birthday and she was out in some other fricking party!

His hands around the steering wheel tightened at what the maid had insinuated.

The damn friend who threw that God-forsaken party was a boy!

Some stupid Karachi boy who was close enough to his Meerab that he was throwing her a whole party.

Great! Just great!

Murtasim could feel the blood rushing towards his head. His anger felt like a great wave, only held at bay by the thin wall of Meerab's smiling face in his mind.

No, he won't be mad. He can't be mad.

He had no right to be.

He will go inside the party and get Meerab. That's it.

There was no need to talk with anyone specially that boy his Meerab might have feelings for.

Great, now he was thinking the feelings were mutual between them!

As he got closer to the party vanue, he prayed to Allah for patience again.

************************************

Well, God clearly did not listen to him because he had lost his temper completely right there in the middle of that stupid party.

And now Meerab was glaring at him from the passenger seat and giving him the silent treatment after screaming about how she doesn't wish to interact with savages.

That's not even the worse thing she had called him in anger. So he'd say things weren't even that bad.

If he was being honest, he did try very hard to control himself even though he was at the verge of exploding when he saw that rat smiling next to his Meerab.