THE KING'S HEART

Mere dil mein jagah Khuda ki khaali thi Dekha wahan pe aaj tera chehra hai Main bhatakta huaa sa ek baadal hoon Jo tere aasmaan pe aake thehra hai

*

                *****************

When they were all young children innocent at heart, they used to share a nanny.

A sad looking widow with no children of her own to take care of, used to look after them when the elders were at some function or an event.

The rowdy Murtasim, stubborn Meerab and sweet Maryam used to adore her.

Specially her stories.

She somehow had a never ending supply of them. Every day was a new story, a new journey, a great adventure.

In their young minds, she was a mystical mage creating and weaving a world for them with the threads of her own imagination.

Out of all those magical tales, Murtasim vividly remembers one. Maybe because the story felt more and more real as days go by.

It was the story of a king without a heart.

An arrogant, proud and powerful king.

The King was invincible. He stood proudly on top of his indestructible kingdom and the heads of his subject?

Always bowed down.

He was untouchable to his enemies and unlovable to his allies. He was the ultimate villain. As evil as they come by.

Simply because he had no heart.

So how did the brave hero win against such a devastating foe?

Well, he figured out why the heartless King had a beautiful bird locked inside a golden cage in the deepest part of his castle!

Thus the clever hero sneaked inside and stole the bird.

The evil king fought, screamed and cried for the bird but the hero never budged.

And as the king knelt in front of the hero begging him for mercy, the hero snapped the bird's neck.

The evil king, thus, met his end.

Because, you see, the King's heart was in the bird! His life tied to its life!

That was why he was so fearless, so arrogant and so powerful. His heart was safe somewhere else!

And as Murtasim sat there beside Meerab's hospital bed waiting for her to wake up, he realised something.

Meerab was his caged bird.

And Murtasim was her king without a heart.

*************************************

After her stunt with the tea which was just so Meerab, Murtasim had thought to avoid Meerab the whole day.

He did not want to come face to face with the girl he loves but refuses to marry.

As if his day wasn't going horrible enough, Haya had to come to his room and go on about her complaints against Meerab.

Murtasim was waiting patiently for the day he could get Haya married to a nice family and fulfill his duties.

Because this girl kept testing his already thin patience.

Allah, why did she keep comparing herself to Meerab?

Why must she degrade herself like this?

Meerab had her own qualities and beauty and Haya had her own. Every girl does.

Girls are supposed to be the honour of their family. They were treasures meant to uphold virtue.

And by begging pathetically for a man's love, Haya was not only disrespecting herself, but also the honor of their family.

Murtasim really wished one day Haya got out of this obsession and learnt to love with grace and be loved in return in the same manner.

He wished the same for Maryam as well.

His sister was quite naive and innocent despite her calm and mature demeanor.

Murtasim was always worried for his little sister.

His solitary thoughts were as usual interrupted by Bhaktu with the information that Meerab had rashly driven out in her car.

Great, just great!

Before Murtasim knew it, he was rushing towards his own ride to follow the stubborn girl who was the love of his life.

Murtasim swears one day all the women in his life will manage to kill him with the combined stress they give him.

Never in his life had he driven so fast and so recklessly without thinking of consequences. But he did today.

Because he did not fear for his safety

He feared for the life in the car ahead of his.

He feared for his life.

The life that was in Meerab's hands, the life that was tied to Meerab's life, the life that he would be unable to live without her.

So he increased the speed more and more until he was able to catch her distressed self in the car next to him. He signaled her to stop.

But would it be Meerab if she ever listened to him?

No, obviously!

Instead, his love, his heart, his dearest Meerab went for the accelerator and lost her control.

In that moment between Meerab's car crashing and Murtasim reaching her still body, time seemed to have stopped for him. It seemed to have taunting Murtasim for his incompetence.

Thousands of thought crossed his mind in those few seconds. Some hopeful, some wishful, some painful.

In those few seconds, he prayed with all his might to his God. His Allah.

He prayed for her protection. He prayed for Allah to forgive her recklessness. To inflict her share of pain on him.

He prayed for her.

And now here, sitting next to her sleeping form, he was still praying.

Because she was the bird that held his heart and his heart was breaking.

_______________________________________

So how do you like this chapter? Please give feedbacks!

Today I was on the subway and thinking about how Saad and Murtasim could be twin brothers separated at birth and had the best idea for a comedy fanfic about them reuniting🤣🤣 Now I really want to read a fanfic like that! Imagine Angry Murtasim meets sweet Saad, that would be so funny🤣🤣😭

So is anyone gonna write it or should I write it myself? 🤣

Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter!