Down The Frog Hole

A/N I made a Oneshot with this AU a few months back, but decided to make it into an actual book.
Enjoy!

You wouldn't particularly say that you were lost, but you were sure that you had seen that tree already. That meant that you had been walking in a circle.

Maybe you read the map wrong... No that definitely wasn't it. You had experience when it came to reading maps, this one was actually quite simple. But how did you get back to this giant oak again.

It was probably a few hundred years old and the leaves shone in a beautiful emerald green. The way the sunlight fell through the leaves made the place seem magical. If you would have believed in fairy tales you would've said that this was an enchanted place.

The trunk of the oak could probably fit a whole little kingdom of fairys living in it, with enough space for them to fly around.

Maybe you should take a short break and eat some of the food you brought with you. You had wanted to go on a little hike, but now you've been walking through the forest for 3 hours without a real goal in mind.

It was sunny and not too warm, birds were chirping , but since you entered this part of the forest it had been dead silent. The only noise being the wind blowing through the leaves. You hadn't noticed at first but the silence had become so loud that it seemed to cause a ringing in your ears.

Then you suddenly heard a twig snapping almost next to you, which made your head snap in the direction you had heard it coming from.

No one was there.

Did you imagine it? You knew that silence could cause hallucinations after some time, but that couldn't be the case, right.

You began to look around, not making out anything that could've made that noise, before your eyes fell on some strange green lump. You would've thought that it's just a stone covered in some moss, when it suddenly jumped.

That thing wasn't a stone, it was a frog!

You watched as the strange looking frog began to jump towards the Oak you were resting against. It seemed like the little creature knew exactly where it was going. As the frog left your sight you stood up and grabbed your backpack. You wanted to see where the little guy was off to, so you followed him to the back of the oak.

Hidden between some fallen of leaves and grass there was an opening, it was big enough for a person to hide in. The frog looked at you, before it ribbited one time and with one final jump disappeared into the dark inside of the tree.

Now you were curious, you had never seen a frog like that. It looked like it was a stone come to life. Was it even a real frog? Questions flew around in your head.

Almost by themselves, your feet started to carry you towards the opening in the oak, where you kneeled down and looked if you could see the frog that jumped in.

It was dark in the inside of the tree, with your hand you felt around on the floor, as your hand suddenly felt nothing where the ground should be.

Surprised by that you lost your balance and fell down. You expected to hit the ground any second now, but you seemed to just keep falling. It felt like an eternity and soon you got bored while falling.

Suddenly in all the darkness that surrounded you, you saw a light underneath you, it got closer and closer till you saw that it was a lamp. Next to it was a little table and two comfy looking armchairs, there also seemed to be another light, coming from a fireplace. How wierd this place was.

You prepared for an hard impact with the floor, when you suddenly landed on one of the armchairs, sitting comfortably with a cup of tea next to you on the little table.

Confused you stared at the fireplace, before a door suddenly opened and a pink haired man came out of it. He wasn't very tall and wore a pink sweater.

As he saw you he began to smile, before taking a seat in the other armchair in front of you.

"So you finally made it down here, We waited for almost two hours. Did the frog lead you here or did you find the entrance by yourself?" he still smiled while looking at you expectantly.

"Oh - ah yes... I followed the frog."

"Wonderful, he did a good job, right? The Frogs always do a great job!" he seemed to say the last part more to himself.

You were still very confused by this whole situation, " Yes, but why am I here? Why were you expecting me and where am I?" you tried to stay calm.

" Oh not I was waiting for you, We were waiting for you! You know, my boss seems to be worried that you will cause us some trouble, so he wanted to meet you, just to make sure that you won't. And now you're here! In the Underlands, the giant oak is the only entrance to this place. You will love living here! "

He sounded like one of these representatives who wanted to sell you something.

" Oh, I don't know about living here, I just need to know my way home. So... could you show me the way out?"

His demeanor changed quickly, it was like a shadow fell over his face and his smile dropped. His voice also sounded a bit deeper.

" Weren't you listening to me before? You are now living here, you can't leave, the oak is the only entrance and exit. Now follow me." with that he stood up and made his way over to the door, you hesitantly followed behind the guy whom you didn't even know the name of.

He opened the door and revealed a whole other world behind it. It looked colorful and lively, the plants seemed to be glowing in some strange fluorescent light, you couldn't believe that you were still under the forest where you used to hike.

You followed the man, not wanting to get lost, seeing some giant butterflys flying over your head, also glowing in the same fluorescent light. You noticed the man was now also glowing, his hair and clothes emitting some pink light.

You followed him for a few minutes, trying to remember your way back, you didn't want to be here or meet his boss. All of this seemed suspect. Panic began to rise up inside you. There had to be an opportunity to escape.

The flora and fauna of this place fascinated and terrified you at the same time. Most of it looked like it was straight out of a science fiction film and with how huge everything was you felt like a small bug crawling around in a place where you didn't belong.

Suddenly there was a voice seemingly coming out of nowhere.

"Ah Doppio, caught another human? I'm sure the King will be pleased."

The man in front of you halted his steps, seemingly panicked he looked around. You could swear you heard a light chuckle and the faint ringing of bells.

The man, Doppio was his name you guessed, had become pale, he looked like he'd seen a ghost.

" Are they going to get the same treatment as all the others or is this one getting a special treatment?"

You looked around bewildered, the voice sounded so close to you that second time, but there was no one there.

Then you felt someone grasping your wrist and harshly you were pulled away from Doppio.

It wasn't like you wanted to stay near Doppio, but being literally dragged by some invisible force wasn't really what you wanted either.

"You see Doppio, we decided that it was time to stop your 'Boss' from keeping a cure away from us, so we will take matters into our own hands."

You saw the pink haired man spit blood, before you yourself fainted.