Chapter 24 : Labour day❤️

A/N: writing this chapter brought a lot of emotions for me , these characters are dear to my heart and writing this beautiful experience for them felt like something I owed them and I enjoyed every bit of it , I hope you all enjoy as you read , let me know what you think with your comments .

May 5th 2022 ❤️.
It's been 3months since I rendered the Mayor immobile and unable to speak , I've been on bed rest ever since then because somehow my pregnancy is now complicated . It's a miracle the whole gang is still here , we were almost sentenced to death by the town's council for what we did to the mayor but her daughter came through for us and told them everything about her mum , so we're free now and safe , I haven't experienced this level of relaxation in a long time , I'm happy .

" People really like Mariana , I mean there are some people who think she's way too young to be mayor but most really like all the work she's been putting into helping the community the past 6 months , I think she might win this campaign" Ceaser says as he passes me a plate of grapes over the dining table as I struggle to take a sit with my almost 9 month old huge tummy .
" I think the first thing she should do when she becomes mayor is to put Caroline in the town's Jail for at least 8months for what she did to us " I say shoving the grapes down my throat like the glutton I have become lately .

" uhm.. Caroline is not exactly around anymore , she left the town last week , remember?" Ceaser sighs and I can tell he's so worried about how I've been forgetting things a lot lately .

" Oh that's true, I forgot for a second there " I say holding his hand . " Don't worry I'll be fine , they'll be out any day from now and I'll be back to normal " Just as we are talking, Justin walks in ,holding hands with the mayor's daughter Red .

"This girl is a fucking Rebel!!, she stole a bunch of weapons from some random people outside the walls , even though I told her not to !! they chased us and it's only a miracle that we escaped them" Justin explains with full gestures making us laugh .

" you enjoyed it , stop pretending like you Didn't " she says laughing . I've seen a lot of her laughs since the whole thing with her mother . Part of it could be because we kept our promise to her , but it's mostly because her mum was terrible to her and she's free of her too .

" where's my little man ?" Justin asks .
" He's at the daycare, he's learning a lot from there " Ceaser says smiling like a proud father .
" no one is ever around these days, pfft !!" Justin blurts out .
"You miss Mariana and your grumpy ass can't even admit it" I start to tease him .
" Why does she want to be mayor so bad ? , everything is just changing so fast , Ceaser is also joining the town's troops , next thing we know Genny is president of the whole country and the twins are walking the first month they are born " Justin takes a breath after rambling and That's when he realizes he blurted out something he wasn't supposed to .

" You're joining the troops ? , when did you make this decision ?" I ask Ceaser and immediately Justin and Red excuse themselves .

" I've not made the decision , I was only contemplating and apparently I'm a fool for telling Justin what I was planning " he sighs .

" it's dangerous, I see what those troops do, they go outside of the walls , they have to defend our walls against other people and Zombies and most times they go out , a lot of them come back either injured or dead , ..... we've been looking for peace and stability for so long why would you want to put yourself and us in that kind of situation ?" I ask

" I want to help defend this place and you and everyone , it gives me joy to know I can actually do something about it , I know it's not easy for you to come to terms with that , but it's what will really make me happy " he says while clearing the table .