chapter 1

As crazy as it sounds it's finally the end of the world,  we were warned several times that the end was near but we never listened.  no human wanted to hear about the world ending just before they had their own kids, just as their lives finally started to make sense, Just as they found love , or just before they did something wickedly human . I on the other hand wished everyday for it to  happen even though I never believed it would actually happen, especially not like this. A biblical Rapture would have been cool, at least it would have been down to good or evil , but the zombies, they don't care about good or evil .

So far I am the only human left (I suppose) the rest have turned into flesh eating zombies . The break out started like a month ago, since it started, day after day , the zombies have been turning whatever humans they find into zombies, when it first started,  my Dad  planned for us to run away to another city but before we could even escape, my parents got bitten, my own parents , right in front of me it was the most traumatizing experience of my life,

I've thought of killing myself several times since that day , and I would have executed my plan by now but apart from the fact that I am a chicken,.......I am also 2months pregnant.

I know it sounds weird, who gets pregnant at a time like this? but it's true, I met this guy at a graduation night party before the out break, I didn't think he would notice me, he was one of the popular guys from another school who came to prom with his friends, He approached me and we talked for a while, those conversations are still vivid in my mind, I got drunk , he was drunk and we started to make out in my best friend's room. I don't know what came over me but I wanted him to be my first , so when he asked "Do you want this?" I said " yes" with lips, eyes and body . That night was a mixture of pain , passion and pleasure, I never imagined my first time would feel that good .

Sometimes i still remember his scent, his voice and soft his touch was, even before the outbreak i knew the chances of seeing him again were extremely slim but now its more impossible but at least he left me with a part of him and I'll do anything to keep decided it safe . I've been staying in a basement since i found out i was pregnant, I went for a supply run a few weeks ago and I was lucky enough to scavenge a cart full of food and supplies, they lasted for just two weeks which in all honesty I blame on the baby.
The only logical thing to do now is go for another supply run, but I'm not sure how lucky I'll be this time.
.......,
On my way to the grocery store down the street from my basement, I notice a church I've never noticed before . "Is this a sign to pray for my safety ?" I ask myself before walking into the church. I'm saying my prayers while simultaneously opening my eyes to check for sign from God that everything will be alright, When I Suddenly hear a strange sound, my first instinct  is to bring out my gun and point it to the direction of the sound. My heart is pounding and I'm about to pull the trigger when I notice a figure standing straight at the alter, no cuts, no rotten flesh or tattered cloth, and no weird movements.... its a human just like me ... Pointing a gun at me .

I should drop my weapon and speak to the person but last time I did that the person had just been bitten by a zombie and he almost bit me .

" hey, I'm Megan" the figure slowly lowers her gun as she moves closer to me , she's of average height, she has strawberry blonde hair and a pair of big blue eyes.

" Don't move any closer " i tremble, I'm kind of unsure if she actually should.

"It's okay I am a person just like you, look... no blood, no bite marks" she turns around and shows me what little I can see from her black leather dress and jacket .
Ok, ....I think she looks pretty normal..
"thank you" I look up to the frame of Jesus on the wall .

" So I am not the only one in this town after all?"I
"Why would you think you're the only one left ?" She looked at me tenderly like she could feel how lonely I've been . "It's not just me, I'm actually part of a group with my boyfriend, his sister and some others, we are all a total of 9 now, and if you wouldn't mind joining us we will be 10" she smiles at me .

" I really thought no one else survived the apocalypse in this town , since the government stopped sending us radio messages I haven't seen a soul on this streets, this is a relief ". I say with a low voice as I start to  feel something I've not felt in a long time
" Hope" .

" We have been staying in the new bank that no one got to use before the zombie outbreak its safe  now but......anyways Would you like to come with me ?" She asks , I am supposed to think about if I trust her or not but I don't have a better option so I say yes as I pick up my back pack (It has a lot of things you won't believe would fit in there) and we both walk towards the door .

In front of the door are two fat zombies running towards us but before they even get close we start shooting at them until they are dead and flat on the ground ( this girl beside me has good aim, not as good as mine though ). Then we enter her blue sports car and drive off.

After some minutes we are at the new bank , i remember when the mayor couldn't stop talking about it I bet he never thought a bunch of teenagers would be the only ones that would get to use it .

"Thank God you're save , why didn't you tell me you were going out? " a really tall cute guy with black wavy hair grabs Megan and hugs her as soon as we walk in .

wow its almost like its been forever since I have seen a guy. (P.S during a  zombie apocalypse, you won't get to see many cute guys to drool over just random hideous creatures walking around).

"I knew you wouldn't have let me go if I had told you and I had to pray" she was now on her feet and slightly looking at my direction "who's she?" The tall guy notices me .

"I found her at the church she thought she was the only one left in the city , she's been alone since so I brought her here ". Megan does the talking which is a relief cause I don't think I know how to communicate with people anymore.

".......I am Anthony, nice to meet you" he stretches forth his big hands for a shake ." Same here , my name is Genesis" I feel  jaw clenching as I hear myself say my name out loud again . "Peculiar name you have there" Anthony says almost laughing. "Weird you mean" I say resting my hands on my forehead from awkwardness.

"Nah it's cute , Let's introduce you to the rest, they'll love you , .... Guys!!!". Anthony calls out and almost immediately I start to see other humans walk out .

"This is Chloe my younger sister " he points at a slender girl. Who just gives me a mild smile.

"That's Jaden he..." The guy he's trying to introduce seems to, does not need his help, he's clearly confident and I don't blame him he's tall , dark skinned with the most beautiful pair of full lips and black eyes.

" Hi, I am Jaden,... nice to meet you . It was high time we got a pretty girl around here". He says with a hand shake and eye contact that lasts for about a minute . I know I haven't seen guys in a while but i still know when a guy is flirting with me.

" OK and that's Kelvin " Anthony clears his throat as he points at a physically fit guy with a fizzled jaw who doesn't say anything , how rude?.

"okay......" Anthony pauses and continues.

" That's mariana " he points at a beautiful curvy Latina who is holding a first aid kit .

"Hi, you're welcome here, " she walks up to me and gives me a hug.

"That's Caroline and beside her is Riley" Caroline doesn't really seem interested in the whole introduction thing and Riley just waves at me .

"And finally that's Logan" this guy looks like a nerd but a really hot one, his blue eyes are captivating and he actually says "hi" .

"And everyone this is Genesis , she's now a part of us " Anthony says and immediately I can hear a lot of talking.

"Don't feel intimidated by those people that are being hostile to you . They are also just new here. we found each other just last week, we are all still getting to know each other, I'm sure later on everyone will get along". Megan assured me as she took me inside