Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Hi, you're Ceaser and Genny right?" Ceaser and I don't even know if to reply the strange girl in front of our door or not .

"I have something very important to tell you guys " she says with no enthusiasm at all, and I can't help but stare at her black hair that has many red strands also her very dark lipstick, she looks like a rockstar threw up on her, also looks a little younger than us, like she's 15 .

"What is it about? And who are you ?" I ask her .

"It's about the mayor " she says .

" Well we were just on our way to go speak to her " Ceaser says .

"Speak to her?!!!! Are you crazy ?!!" She asks us .

" Come with me !!" She insists and Ceaser and I are confused as f*ck so we don't even move an inch .

"She's my mother, the mayor is my mum, I know what she wants from you two " she says and immediately both our faces light up .

" I can tell you all you need to know but you musn't go to her, come with me , you can trust me " she tells us .

"Give us a second " Ceaser closes the door and turns to me.

" Let's listen to what she has to say " I tell him and immediately he opens the door again .

" Okay , we're listening" he says to her with his hands in the pocket of his black sweat pants .

" We can't talk here, you guys have to come with me " she tells us and before leaving with her we checked on peace and made sure he was good with Justin and Mariana which he was, so we left .

Walking down the streets of green lakes we see lots chairs at one side of the road , decorations .
"There's a welcoming party tommorow night for you guys " the strange girl explains As we walk passed that and into this beautiful white house that's separate from the rest .

"Where is this ?" Ceaser and I chorus.

" It's my house " she replies leaving us both in shock.

" Don't worry my mum won't be back in the next one hour " she says nonchalantly as she opens the wooden door for us .

" Aren't we putting ourselves at risks for coming here?" Ceaser asks her .

"I want to show you something, because everything I'm about to tell you is going to be hard for you to believe without seeing for yourself" she tells us and with a lot of curiosity in our minds we follow her into the silent house. "Justin wouldn't like this " Ceaser whispers in my ears , "I don't either " I reply.

" My mum is not mentally stable but nobody else knows that except me .....she's been a good leader ever since my dad died ....they all worship her but they don't know who she really is " she says as she takes us up the spirals stairs in the living room.

"Why are you telling us all this ? What will you gain from this ?" I ask her .

" My mum was a local scientist before the breakout and she made a very important discovery ....the disease that caused people to turn into zombies in the first place , we've all been exposed to it through the air we breathe in , although we aren't turning into zombies for some weird reason , it has other effects on us, like issues with healing after an injury , we're now more prone to other diseases and for women due to toxic exposure, fertility rate has dropped massively ......even like a month before the break out according to research there was a very low level of reproduction " she says as she opens a door to what is a mini lab with lots of equipments ."Issues with healing after injuries?" I ask.... Could that be the reason why Logan died even after treatment and why Caroline's wound didn't heal so easily?!! , Fertility ? Everything sounds so strange but still kind of makes sense .