chapter 6

It's a rainy Tuesday night, Ceaser can hardly see where we are heading and neither can i, it gets so frustrating that we actually have to stop the bus in the middle of the road, but of course with some rules, all lights switched off, all windows closed , and no single noise from anyone, anything that wouldn't attract the zombies, and everyone seems to get the hang of it except Ceaser .

"Genny!!! Genny!!! This is like the fifth time I'm calling your name and you're not answering , what is wrong?.... " He looks at me while I just watch the others as they crawl up their beds .
I wish I was them, my back really hurts and it's so cold I just wanna cuddle my pillow, but no this night just happens to be the night I have a shift with Ceaser.

"Nothing is wrong, what do you want me to say ?.... I have nothing to say to you" since the other day at the mall let's say I hadn't rili been responding well to him.

"I'm just not used to our night shifts being so quiet, but if you say nothing is wrong then ..okay " he replies, dude has no idea what persistence is and I'm not ready to give in either.

"Okay " I reply not looking at him.

After about 10mins of absolute silence and darkness he speaks again.

" Urrhmm....aren't you cold?... " I hear his subtle voice again. " No , I'm not" I reply coldly.

" Stretch your hands so I can feel them " he suggests ,

"No" I reply with a smile on my face which he can't see.

" Okay, it seems like your default word today is "No"... So I don't think I should be asking you questions, if you don't give me your hand I'll come meet you where you are sitted" he states.

" Why do you want my hand ?.." I ask.
" Stretch them" he commands this time and just cause I'm curious to see what he wants to do I stretch forth my hand .

" Come here" he pleads , is he high on drugs or something?. Before I can even gather my thoughts. , He drags me by the hand, and I'm forced to follow his pull to his seat, so that my two legs are in-between his and my face is almost touching his.,

" Let me go" I say struggling .

" I don't think you mean what you're saying...look me in the eyes and tell me why you have been ignoring me " his knees are keeping mine captive.

" What do you think you're doing, your girlfriend will show up any minute from now , let's not give her reason to think she needs to mark her territory again". I say trying as much as possible not to look him in the eyes.

" My girl friend, Caroline? Is that what is ticking you off?...." I can actually see his eyes with the help of the moonlight and I bet he can see mine which makes it harder for me to lie.

"We are not supposed to be talking , that's the rule remember?". Is my response.

"Look, I don't want you to ever feel like you can't talk to me or we can't be close because I have a girlfriend. You're the mother of the child I'm expecting, my child comes first before anyone". His hand feels warm on my belly. He seems to really love the idea of being a dad when I don't even know how I feel about the child.

" Don't ever ignore me like that again,....I can't stand it " he says looking into my eyes, his eyes are Captivating, I just can't stop staring since the very first night we met even though I don't remember the details, I remember looking into his eyes and feeling like I've known him for years.

" Guys , can i chill out here?... Anthony and Megan are having sex right above my bed, .... I can't take it" Justin shows up from nowhere and I'm so startled that I stumble a little but Ceaser holds on to me immediately, preventing me from hitting my back on the steering wheel .