Chapter 2

-𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗼𝘃-

-𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗼𝘃-

A man's ragged, frightened breath filled the air as he ran. Terror filled his face, sweat dripping, breathing in short gasps, he ran, trying desperately not to make a sound.

He's crouched in a dark corner. But then he saw a shadow move blindingly fast past him.

He jerks around, then another shadow flew past, too fast to follow. He bolts. He ran up a flight of stairs, harsh lights from the exterior of the mill striating him.

He moved as fast as humanly possible.

Someone or something charged after him at an inhuman speed through the maze of pillars and walkways.

They dodged skull-crushing beams, leaped from one floor up to the next, up ladders, scaffolding, beams, up, and up, getting closer and closer to the security guard.

He desperately runs for his life, looking over his shoulder with terror.

The person was closing in on him, but then he bolts out a door and burst out onto a stair landing.

He loses his footing and trips, breaking through the rail and pitching over the side, into the air, and stops, hovering mid-air, a yard from the landing.

A hand grips his shirt then yanks him out of the air and with incredible strength.

His guttural scream was choked short as blood sprays on the landing.

-Chloe's Pov-

The waitress places a sirloin steak was set in front of Charlie, Dad, Anne, and Mom as Finn and I slid in

The waitress places a sirloin steak was set in front of Charlie, Dad, Anne, and Mom as Finn and I slid in. Anne giggled as she saw us.

Cora beams at Bella as she sets a plate of cod in front of her, and different food in front of us. Several loggers at the counter offer Bella and us welcoming smiles.

But, Bella shrinks in her seat at the attention. Her Dad was oblivious.

"Can't get over how grown up you are. And so gorgeous, and you guys are just gorgeous" Cora smiled at us.