Chapter 13

A/N: Pov: you're lazy and you don't write the California part.

-Forest, Night-

The Cullens are in the forest, and Alice's eyes are glazed over, intently watching something in her mind. The woods are all mist and shadows.

The others are spread out, still as statues, waiting for Alice, ready to spring.

"You sure this is where you saw her?" Thomas asked his mate. "She's almost here," Alice replied. Meanwhile, in another part of the forest, a pair of female feet in boots ran in the rainy wet mud.

But they father, slowing down to a stop. Victoria. She inhales. Something smelt wrong.

she abruptly bolted in another direction. Alice saw this and turns to Emmett. "On your left," she told him. Emmett explodes to his left, Rosalie right behind him.

Thomas and Carlisle go wide, looking to cut Victoria off, Esme and Alice following up in the rear.

Victoria raced through the trees, tense but not afraid. Escaping is what she is good at, her gift.

She reached a ravine she doesn't break stride ad just leaped across it.

Carlisle pulled up short and yelled to Emmett and Rosalie. "Wait. She's in their territory," he informed them. "She'll get away," Rosalie replied. "No, she won't,"

Thomas told her as three giant wolves leaped onto the scene and take up the chase after Victoria.

The leader was black in color and enormous. This was Sam. A parallel chase ensued. The wolves and the Cullens kept to their sides of the ravine, which is the line that demarcates the territories.

Victoria leaps back over to the Cullens' side. The birds follow.

"All ours now," Emmett smiled as the Cullens closed in. Emmett grabbed a hold of her shoulders and hair. They rolled head over keester.

Victoria uses the momentum to her advantage and flings Emmett off and over her into a tree. She took the split second he was down to leap back over to wolf-land and kept running.

"Emmett, don't," Rosalie shouted. But Emmett seeing red flew over the ravine.

The second his feet hit the other side, Paul turned to face him. There is a moment of stand-off. It would be simple for Emmett to defuse the situation by jumping back but that's not his style.

Paul growled at him with bravado. This just made Emmett smile.

Victoria was at a safe distance now as she slowly looked back, surprised to see what is happening. She studies the conflict with curiosity. Paul and Emmett charge at each other. BAM!

They rolled in the dirt, which ended with Emmett being thrown into the ravine, getting soaked in the process.

He glared at Paul as the Cullens and the wolves stopped and surrounded the two.