3

——————-LAYA ROSÈ ——————-
|Setting| Back story
📍Hospital
Savannah, Georgia
12 years ago / 2014
Age 9
———————————————————
A million things ran threw my 9-year-old mind, why would they just take him like that? He did nothing wrong only bad people go to jail and he was good he protects me.

Waking up in the hospital the next day in a panic state hooked up to IV machines, as police and nurses walked in and out of my room urgently, there were even people with cameras in here talking to some white lady with a long black girl and the brightest red shoes.

When one of the nurses made it aware I was awake, police asked me questions about Mr. Chris and mommy, while the lady with the black hair and shiny red shoes  I learn name was miss heather from child protection services asked questions about my life and how is it living at home?

She was asking weird questions about Mr. Chris like "has he ever hit you or touched me inappropriately before?" Instantly told them no that he would never and how he was my dad and all the things he does for me. I told them everything about the normal life for me living with momma when he's not there, even about how sometimes what Mr.Chris does to momma when she beats me or says mean things to me when I make her mad or get in trouble and how he protects me from her.

They asked me more questions about drugs and money and have I had ever seen them at home I really didn't know anything about that, drugs are bad and I would never take them.

After all the questions, they made me take my hospital gown off leaving me in my underwear as women  in police jackets and blue gloves examined me and took pictures of my bruises and face taking the band-aid off my face as miss heather gasped in disbelief before walking out the room.

They made me get back dressed escorting me back to the bed, Turing on cartoons for me letting me know they will try to get me some snacks.

"THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? HE KIDNAPPED MY CHILD, HE ABUSES ME AND HER LOOK AT HER SHE HAS BRUISES YOU WANNA SEE MY PHONE I GOT PICTURES HE RAPED MY BABAY HE NEEDS TO BE IN JAIL", I heard my mom.

Hopping off the bed a little too fast and getting lightheaded I opened the door peeking my head out and looking at the scene she was causing.

"Ma'am please calm down there is no evidence indicating any traumatic harm done to the uterus test came back all negative she is still a virgin never been touched we did a rape kit and talked to the victim regarding the accused she claims he's her father", the doctor told her.

"THE FUCK? YALL LYING I KNOW HE DID I CALLED AND TOLD YALL HE DID I HAVE THE PICTURES PROOF HE ABUSED ME", she yelled.

"Ms. Hayes please their no need for the outburst, we take situations like this seriously, we also took a DNA sample from the victim and Christopher Davis indicating a 99.9% match he is the father of Your daughter Laya Rosè Davis", he said making my eyes grow wide in disbelief of what I heard.

"SHE AIN'T GOT NO FUCKING DADDY, I GOT THE PAPERS", she screamed in his face pulling out a sheet of paper and shoving it at the doctor as two cops approached her along with miss heather.

They started talking to momma, I couldn't really hear what was being said but mom looked angry as the doctor and a couple of nurses walked away with the paper she threw at them.

I think it's best if you calm down and go quietly let's not make a scene you've done enough damage in her life", miss heather said.

"BITCH WHO THE FUCK IS YOU?", she screamed.

"Heather fields from child protection services," she said my mom looked at her fearfully.

I now walked all the way out the door watching everything take place, as the doctor came back now talking to the police with the same paper mom gave him.