7

——————-LAYA ROSÈ ——————-
|Setting| Present
📍Home
Sacramento , CA
Last month of 2022
Age 18

"LAYA ROSÈ......... you know you hear me", I heard my granny scream my name as I quickly got up out my bed running down stairs.

"YES MAAM?", I answered her with more of a questioned tone to see what she calling me for.

"Go get me 3 bag of them Kool-Aid pickles one green apple two red cherry", she told me I nodded walking into the kitchen going into the fridge getting the pickles jars.

I grabbed three ziplock bags and a pair of tongs to grabbed the flavored pickles with.

After preparing the sweet savory snack , I walked back to the front door seeing kids waiting with their money handing them the pickle bags.

"Here y'all go, be careful don't drop it", I told the lil boy passing him the snacks as he smiled running away with his friends.

"Thank you baby", granny said tapping my shoulder as I smiled.

About to walk away she stopped me I turned around , and just found somewhere to sit because I know she about to talk my ear off.

"Today Friday you don't got any plans ?", she asked.

"No I was just going to stay home and do extra credit work and finish packing , it's that okay?", I told her putting my head down a little.

Feeling her hand cuff my face squishing, my cheeks , she smiled goofly making me smile.

"Not at all baby , but it don't hurt to get out once and a while let the sun shine on all that Melanie maybe get you a lil boyfriend", she said making my eyes bulge out my head at the mention of boys.

"GRANNY!", I gasped embarrassed she always trynna talk boys with me.

"WHAT! Chileee you my Grandbaby you got my genes we to cute to not have a man on our arm , but it's no rush etheir I'm just saying your getting older and if you do come across one of these lil boys who trynna get your attention invite him over for dinner", she said I face palmed myself shaking my head ready to leave.

"Okay okay I get it can I go now", I asked annoyed.

"Go ahead sweetheart granny only pickin with you", she smiled kissing my forehead.

I quickly ran back up stairs almost bumping into aunt nene.

"LAYA SLOW YO ASS DOWN GIRL MY EYES ALMOSTED FLASHED BETWEEN MY EYES", she yelled with her newborn baby In her hands.

I immediately felt bad , it was never my intention to almost run into her.

"I'm sorry", I frowned.

"It's Friday what you got going on ?", she asked following me into my room.

"Nothing", I told her.

" what you mean nothing ? Girl it's Friday everybody gon be out and I know it's gon be partys going on , where yo friends at ?" She mugged me I rolled my eyes.

"Their getting ready for tonight to go to a party but I'm not going you know it's not really my thing", I said.

"Girl please back in the day me and yo momma used to be out every night Turing up", she said sticking her tounge out dancin with the baby in her hand.

"Yea and look where that got you , give me my damn grand baby", granny said taking baby will a.k.a William from her he was the most calmest baby ever.

"Smcht mama boo, cause let's talk about how you used to get down",she sassed granny.