4

——————-LAYA ROSÈ ——————-
|Setting| Back story
📍Largo Drive Apartment complex
Savannah, Georgia
12 years ago / 2014
Age 9
———————————————————

In mommy's room Packing my folded clothes and shoes putting them in a big suit case miss heather bought for me and the toys I wanted in my back pack since she said I couldn't take all of them.

Yesterday I was discharged from the hospital and took to a group home miss Heather said was only temporary until after she hears back about court date my grandma went to today seeing if she's fit to care for me.

Staying at that group home having to sleep in a room full of kids I don't know , some were even way older like In high school in the room too doing nasty things.

I even saw a girl and boy kissing in the bathroom , and when I saw them they told me if I snitched they would kill me and dump me in a river where nobody could find me.

I was terrified being their ,i know I just got their and haven't even been their for a night but I can't wait until I leave.

But miss heather bought me some a tooth brush and soap and other essentials take a shower that was really nice of her I'm so grateful to have her in my life right now.

"Laya are you finish sweetheart ? ", she asked me as I zipped up the suit case propping it up putting my back pack filled with Toys on as I walked down the hallway.

All the memories in this house , I am going to leave behind, finally.

"Oh lord let me help you with that", she said grabbing the suit case as we walked out the door down stairs and the front office lady locked the apartment up.

Seeing all the kids and people around out side looking sorry for me , I'm not surprised everybody knows about me they know everything around here I'm not gonna miss this place once bit.

"Aye .....aye Laya", I heard my name being called Turing around seeing the same baldhead faced sliver capped boy.

"Look I'm sorry about what I did to you , I lied to my cousin about what really happened and if it helps I even got my ass beat for that and my cousin got kicked out for stealing my momma $5, and i heard my momma on the phone talkin about what happened to you and I just wanna say I'm forreal sorry I ain't know you was getting abused shawty", he said as I just stood their looking at him he looked nervous.

"You not gone say nun ? See that's why I be so mean to yo cute ass you be on that bullshit stuck up and shit ", he said mugging me cursing like a sailor as always.

I'm cute ?

" thank you for apologizing and telling the truth", I said sighing as he smiled.

I guess it's good to forgive but never forget I'm never going to see him again anyways.

"So you moving in with that white lady she look like she got money?", he asked I shook my head looking back at miss heather on the phone looking at me.

"No she's helping me , I'm going to live with my grandma in California", I said as he rubbed his hands together nodding.

"Oh okay I see you boutta be on the beach and shit surfing and shit you know my uncle and Em live in cali they be running everything out their " he said as I nodded.

Okay so what ? good for you I don't really care.

Surfing ? I hope I can learn one day, is that what they do In California?

"We'll give me yo number I might call you", he said as I scrunched my face up.

Call me ? What is he even talking about he don't even own a phone.