11

𝑨𝒄𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒗
𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒚
𝟖:𝟏𝟓𝒂𝒎
——————————————-

Out of breath , blasting music through my headphones as I finished my morning run making my way to my drive way.

I always worked out , it always kept me motivated and clear mined , a real energy boost.

Looking to my left seeing 2 big ass moving trucks and people in front of the house next door, since when that house was bought ?

I guess people moving in next door , if they know what's best they keep shit respectfully of the community , this was a real nice surban area , no violence, no drama , no chaos , no hood shit just in general.

Good spot to live in peace and come home to your children and raise a family, everything I strive for to give my kids.

Leaning on my car just watching , like my nosy ass always do, it's good to be observant though never know who you need to watch out for period.

A elderly darkskin women with long  locs walked out the house , directing folks I squinted my eyes checking her out , she had ass like a muthafucker I nodded to myself I'll admit old school was fine as hell.

Making eye contact she started walking my way with a smile , I straighten up ready to greet her , nigga maybe still be thuggin but I got manners don't hurt to greet the new neighbors and shit.

As she approaches me my whole spirit lifted looking at my homeboy mama Ms.Renee.

"Wassup lady", I smiled big giving her a hug , she always smelled good and gave the best hugs.

"Artist I knew that was you , son where you been? , you live here ?", she asked looking around as I nodded.

"Yep", I said.

"Oh okay it's good to see a familiar face and I heard you doing good for yourself, I'm proud of you, how's your mom been?", she asked.

"She been alright , you should call her y'all know how y'all like to get , I remember from back in the day", I joked as she playfully pushed me.

"Ouuu hush up now , you wasn't nun but a baby back in them days , but I will give her a call and see what she's up too", she said.

"How's the little ones ?, I know they gotten so big last time i saw pictures they were babies", she asked.

"They doing okay , I just dropped them off at they grandma house on their mama side not to long ago Jayden 13 about to turn 14 in 2 months and Milani just turned 5", I said grabbing my phone showing her my wallpaper cover of my kids.

"Oh my gosh they so grown now", she laughed as I chuckled nodding my head rubbing my beard.

"Yep this summer coming to an end and I just got them for the year starting back this school year , shit I be working so much I don't know how imma be able to do this shit , wanna get a lil babysitter or something for after school and the weekends but you know how that end up I don't trust everybody with my kids", I told her honestly.

"I feel you , I was the same way with my granddaughter when she came to live with me don't stress yourself son , something will turn around it always does", she said giving me advice it was very much needed.