Chapter 1.1

The entrance ceremony was relatively standard, it detailed some expected etiquette and was a rehash of what we had heard during our interviews. They talked about how we'd receive more information regarding this school during our homeroom period and, to arrive at this auditorium once again after our homeroom introductory class to receive our personal cell phones and student ID cards.

You may ask, Why didn't we have cell phones in this day and age? Well because this school was entirely separated from the outer world, it was around 600,000 square meters wide and situated on an island connected to Tokyo, Japan.

Except for various accessories, such as Miyuki's hair clip we weren't allowed the luxury of bringing in any personal items. They were pretty strict with this performing a search with metal detection and everything.

Anyways we were supposed to receive our phones later so we would pay attention during our homeroom first period classes.

To finish off the entrance ceremony, several important people exchanged words of gratitude and it ended without a hitch.

***

After the entrance ceremony had ended we made our way off towards our assigned classes following the sea of students.

"Shiba, how different was this entrance ceremony from your old school?"

"Hm... well aside from the information on the island, it was generally the same, why?"

"Just trying to see how different this school is from your typical Japanese School."

"Ah, I went to a private school." She clarified.

"A private school?"

"Yup, I went there with my Nii-sama."

In that case, Miyuki was probably the worst person for me to ask. Private schools were heavily funded and pristine elite schools fitting into the same realm as places like this, of course, private schools differ in quality but the fact remains they were on an entirely different level compared to a regular public school.

They were also quite expensive, just for one person it'd be difficult for a run-of-the-mill lower-middle-class family to afford however two must've been quite the investment, I imagined Shiba's parents were likely of the upper class.

"Did your brother join you here as well?"

"Yes, he did. In fact, I joined because of him."

"I see, what's his name?"

"Shiba Tatsuya, he's a second-year right now."

"Do you know what Class he's in?"

"Ah no, although he did send me gifts. I have no idea what Class or what position he's in, but if it's Nii-sama I wouldn't be surprised if he was the student council president!" She said in a tone full of reverence and pride.

Gifts huh, how nice. I could only imagine the feeling of having your family member giving you a gift.

"What about you Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Hm?" I turned my head towards her.

"What kind of school did you go to?"