Chapter 1.2

W/C: 2432

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, yes?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Here is your student ID card and cell phone, enjoy your stay." I nodded in gratitude as I took the flimsy card and box which contained the cell phone I would be using for these three years.

The student ID card was a rather thin piece of technology, it functioned both as a way spending private points and as a key to one's personal residence. It had the students photo from back during our interviews along with some general information.

Along with the mobile device, it had it's own custom built operating system which appeared to be a mix of the Apple's and Android's operating systems. They were much like that of a common company phone however with all the benefits of a personal phone. The security was very secure, it possessed an encryption method to ensure no contact with a people outside of school residence; all numbers located outside the campus were blocked. Along with the fact that there was as a permanent virtual private network(VPN) built in to the phone, it would be near impossible to break through the school's defenses.

More students came and went from the auditorium as I followed, hoping to explore the large island known as the Advanced Nurturing Highschool.

****

By the time we'd all left the school, it was noon. Many'd went to explore the campus in large groups, some went to cafés or restaurants others to Karaoke and arcades. I went to check out the convenience store to purchase the necessary amenities for my life within this school.

"What an unpleasant coincidence." As I was browsing through the sections of the convenience store I was called out to by an unpleasantly familiar voice.

Guh, it's Horikita

I sighed, as I turned to face her. "Don't be so hostile, did you come to shop here too?"

"Yes, just a few things. I came to get some necessities."

"Same here."

She nodded in acknowledgement as we both went back to looking through the items.

There wasn't any shortage of items within this school, from beauty products to game consoles this school really had it all. I imagine nobody would have too much trouble adjusting here.

Horikita took various goods from the shelves such as shampoo, and threw them into her basket. She didn't make much of an effort to take the higher valued items and stuck to the cheap and reliable options.

"I figured girls usually made a fuss over the quality of the shampoo they buy." I muttered as I took hold of a similar shampoo to the one Horikita, of course a unisex version as Horikita took one that was primarily aimed towards a female demographic.

"It depends on the person, but I'm the sort of person who keeps close attention to my purchases." She said as she shot me an icy glare which screamed, Mind your own business.

"At any rate, I'm surprised you stayed around for introductions; You don't seem like the type." So that's why she looked at me back there? What kind of person did she even think I was?

"Well making an effort to get to know my classmates isn't too much trouble plus they say first impressions matter." I took a look at the item in my hand, a popularly known lotion apparently. I flipped it and it read, 'Nice and smooth, reduces friction!' What the heck? Why does reducing friction even matter...

I placed that lotion back on the shelf as I turned to Horikita. "Why didn't you stay for introductions Horikita, you could've gotten to know several of the other students and had the chance to make friends." Quite a few students had exchanged contacts and headed out with each other after class, Horikita likely could've joined the crowd and became quite popular especially with her looks.