PAGE 2

For the first time in her life Onika was actually excited to go to school, she couldn't stop thinking about it the entire day.

"You're not usually this happy on a school day, what's up?" Lauren asks seeing Onika's bright face as they parked in the schools parking lot.

"Oh nothing, I don't have the right to be happy?"

"You do but like... you know what..do you girl." Lauren chuckles getting down the car where she was swarmed around like some sort of A-list celebrity.

The day seems to drag on and on for Onika as she had nothing much to look forward to besides exploring more of the mysterious room- as she'd decided to call it.

In some way she'd started thinking she was going crazy.. I mean how is there an alternate universe inside a room, that doesn't make any sense! She kept pondering on the thought the whole day.

"Ms Maraj can you come solve this on the board?" The maths teacher Mr Paulson says looking over at Onika with a disapproving look on his face. She'd been lost in thought ever since the lesson began.

The whole classroom turned to face Onika leaving her a little embarrassed, not to mention the fact that she'd been zoned out for the last forty five minutes, "Umm...?"

Just then the bell rang signalling the end of the class.

Saved by the fucking bell.. Onika thinks to herself as the other students rush out of the class, almost immediately she joins the crowd doing the same.

While most students walked to the cafeteria for lunch, Onika walked in the direction of the mysterious door that had been occupying her thoughts all morning.

"Hey! Onika wait up!" Onika sighs out loudly expecting it to be the annoying specimen called Rihmeek Williams.. but it wasn't, it was actually a female.

"You look familiar, have I seen you before?" She asks tilting her head a little to look over at the taller green eyed girl.

"Umm.. I'm actually friends with Lauren." The girl says sounding almost nervous which actually made Onika internally smile, I mean for such a towering stature you wouldn't expect her to be the shy type "My name's Robyn by the way."

"And Robyn what can I help you with today?" Onika asks trying to cut the conversation as short as possible.

"Uh.. I just wanted to give you this." The girl squeaks out placing a cute looking envelope in Onika's hands before walking away not even giving Onika a chance to react.

"Well.. that was weird." She doesn't have time to admire the envelope as her lunch time is pretty limited, so she places it in her pocket and continues on her journey.

"Onika!" Hell no.. what again?!

"What do you fucking want now Rihmeek?" She asks calmly turning around to see him standing there with a wide smile on his face.

"I was just passing the halls, happened to bump into you, you know the usual, just thought I'd come say hi." Onika could tell he was high, I mean if his very red eyes and the smell of weed was a sign.

"Yeah yeah, you've talked to me you happy now?"

"Well no, not really. I'm having this party on Saturday, you interested?"

"You know I'm going to say no, so why bother?" Time was ticking and this over grown fetus was really wasting her time.

"Come on think about it, it's gonna be fun." Rihmeek pleads looking desperate as hell.

You know what why not just tell him what he wants to hear..

"Okay fine I'll think about it and let you know before Saturday." She smiles fakely but he doesn't seem to notice as he smiles back impossibly wider.