PAGE 5

Beyoncé sat up in her room that night after getting scolded by her father, she ran up there and locked the door.

She shared the room with Solange who was already sleeping, so she walked over to their shared study desk pulling out her diary which she hadn't written in, in almost a month.

Dear Diary,

Today I kissed Onika again and it felt better than the last time. Her kisses feel way better than Shawn's. It's soft and assuring but Shawn's is too rough.

I'm not dating Shawn anymore actually, he tried to force himself on me so I broke up with him. Plus he has a baby for another woman which is not me.

I hope mum and dad wouldn't find out about Onika... I think I like her.

Xoxo
Bey♡

Beyoncé closes the diary, Onika being the only thing on her mind.. She was slowly starting to develop feelings for the girl, one she was only supposed to for boys and nothing else.

I can't...

____

Onika and Beyoncé got closer and closer over the next few days, Beyoncé would show Onika around and Onika would try to teach Beyoncé how to dress and talk like her, it was a good dynamic until this question was brought up.

"Where do you live? I mean we always hang, you've even been to my house but I've never been to yours." Beyoncé says one day where they sat in the meadow having a little picnic.

"Umm.. uh.. I-" The sounds of footstep took away both their attention from the topic, they both look up to see Shawn standing there with a dog in his hand on a leash.

Beyoncé smiles at the dog- Archie- looking up to roll her eyes at Shawn who was looking at their little picnic set up like it was some sort of abomination.

"Beyoncé?"

"What do you want?" Onika was the one to ask this, "I wasn't talking to you." Shawn replies back dismissively looking towards Beyoncé again who had her attention on the grass beneath her.

"I don't want to talk to you Shawn. We're over and that's it." Beyoncé says not looking at him, although she wouldn't ever admit it she was actually scared of the man.

"Stop being over dramatic, every couple fucks these days. You're not a child." He mocks which made Onika pissed off.

"She's not child but it's her body and if she doesn't want to do that with you then it's her choice!" Onika states angrily speaking up for the already embarrassed Beyoncé.

"And who are you to interfere in this?!" Shawn grips Onika by her shirt letting go off the dog who just runs off unbothered.

Onika delivers a flying punch to his nose which made him let go off her shirt to tend to his nose, Beyoncé gasps going to help Onika up. "Are you serious Bey?! You're helping that little bitch after she broke my nose!" Shawn screams cupping his bleeding nose. "Who even is she to you!"

"None of your business!" Beyoncé stands up from where she was crouching next to Onika, "Get lost Shawn, you have a whole ass baby mama just go be with her!" Shawn just looked at her weirdly, one she was speaking differently and two she had never spoken up to him in such manner before.

"You'll regret this!" He begins to walk off with his dog who ran back to his side.

__

"Are you okay?" Onika asks a shaking up Beyoncé who already had tears welling up in her eyes.

"M- maybe I shouldn't have ever broken up with him... I should've just let him make love to me besides everyone's doing it now. Why do I have to be such a b-baby." She was full on crying now and Onika not knowing how to comfort people just sat there awkwardly rubbing circles on her back.

What a way to ruin a perfect picnic..

__

"I don't know who that girl is but you need to stop seeing her!" Matthew screams at Beyoncé who just stood in the living room taking everything.

Tina stood off to the side but did not interfere in the matter, neither did Beyoncé's siblings.

"No."

"Hmm?, I don't think I heard you clearly.."

"I said no! Onika's my friend! And I don't even like Shawn!" Beyoncé had already told her parents about Shawn trying to force himself on her but neither had taken her seriously so she didn't need to repeat it.. especially since they didn't even care.

"He's a good man! What do you want from me Giselle?! I've found a suitable man for you and you still wanna have a problem?! Do you want me to have to look after you forever?!" Matthew fumes, if he was a cartoon character smoke would've probably been coming out his ears by now.

"Shawn is not! a good man! He has a whole baby elsewhere and he tried forcing himself on me, I don't want to be with someone like that!"

"You know you're talking nonsense right now, go up to your room. You're grounded!"

Beyoncé stumps up the steps huffing and puffing, it was days like this she wished she could just sneak out and be with Onika.

____

Onika felt bad for Beyoncé that day, she spent all day in her house thinking about her.. if only she could see her more often.

The next day she went over, Beyoncé wasn't at the stand nor was she at the meadow either. She waited there awhile before walking back to the stand this time she saw Sol standing with an older looking man who had a scowl on his face.

She wanted to talk to Sol who smiled when he saw her walking towards the stand, "Are you Onika?" She was surprised at the fact the older man knew her name but was kind of nervous at the contempt he used in his words.

"Yes, I am."

"Look I'm not gonna butter this up, I don't need you hanging around my daughter anymore. You're a bad influence and she doesn't need that in her life." Onika just stood there stunned, what had she done?

She nodded slowly although she knew that nothing was stopping her from talking to Beyoncé either way. As she walked passed them Sol slipped a piece of paper into her hand, she looked at him weirdly but didn't say anything.

When she was in the sweet confines of her room after the long school day, she opened the paper which had words written in it in a squiggly barely understandable writing.

Meet me at the meadow tomorrow at seven.

Bey.

Now how was she gonna get into the school tommorow in the night?