PAGE 6

Lauren noticed Onika had been behaving weird for the last two weeks, she actually seemed excited to go to school which wasn't normal for her.

That afternoon when she went into Onika's room to get a hairbrush-Onika was out at the pool- she spotted the note which laid carelessly on Onika's bed. The paper used look a little old and brownish.

Meet me at the meadow tommorow at seven

Bey

Who is Bey? She asks herself but decides to ignore it. It was probably just a little side piece.

The only thing on Robyn's mouth all day everyday was Onika, she expected that they'd be dating.

"Hmm.."

The next day after school Onika had told Lauren that she was going on a little night drive which obviously the younger girl didn't believe.

"Night drive or to go see your lil girlfriend?" Lauren smirks leaving Onika slightly confused.

"First off Robyn isn't my girlfriend." Onika states thinking that was who she was referring to.

"I'm not talking about Robyn. Who is this Bey? Hmm?" Onika creases her brows at that.. how did she know.

"Why you snooping through my shit gurl?"

"I wasn't. I just happened to come across it."

"Girl don't do that shit, I'm going." Onika hadn't even waited for a reply as she walks off.

Sneakily and stealthily she manages to sneak into the school building, although her clothes got a bit dirty from falling multiple times.

She gets to the janitors closet and like an instant she was back to '85, it takes her awhile to get to the meadow but when she does she sees Bey already there probably waiting for her.

She sat next to her making Beyoncé jump back a bit not aware of her presence, when she finally calms down Onika notices how nervous she looks.

"Hi Bey." She smiles her usual dimpled smile which leaves Beyoncé blushing like a middle schooler in love.

"H-hey."

"You said you wanted to talk?" Onika was quite nervous at what Beyoncé would say, somewhere deep down she feared Beyoncé would want to cut off all ties with her.

Beyoncé stares at the grass for a long minute trying to gather all the courage in her to do what she was about to do.

"About that-" She cuts herself off placing a quick kiss on Onika's lips, Onika just sits there stunned.. and wanting more.

The second time they kiss Onika meets her halfway, their tongues dancing around one another like a figure skater on ice.

"W-what was that?" Onika asks once they pull back for air, she was a little confused yet feeling jittery all over.

"I... I like you... w-way more than I should." Beyoncé mumbles out, which Onika wouldn't have caught if the place wasn't dead silent.

"B-beyoncé?"

"My dad said I should stop hanging out with you.. but I can't. My heart wouldn't let me. I know girls aren't supposed to like other girls but you're different.. we're different and I don't even know if you feel the same.. b-but pl-" Onika cuts off her nervous ranting with a quick kiss.

"I feel the same. Ever since I met you I just felt this connection, my heart was broken when I found out you were already taken by that fish looking element but now that you're back on the market I wanna ask.." Onika.. Onika! "W-would you be my girlfriend?"

Beyoncé nods her head although a bit hesitant, "M-my dad?"

"No offence but it's fuck your dad really, he doesn't have to know if you don't want him too."

"Okay."

They spent the rest of the evening just talking and gazing at the stars, basically basking in one anothers company.

Beyoncé couldn't be anymore happier than now.. they may not have known one another for a long time but she felt way happier with Onika than she's ever felt with Shawn.

_