Chapter 4 ~ Part 2

It's been a couple of hours since Elijah and Lexa were appointed the leaders of the 100 of us, and I am genuinely happy for the two of them.

I'm sitting by myself underneath a tree, watching the rest of the 100 dance and party, seeming to forget the horror of the attack we endured last night.

I spot Elijah. He's sitting by himself underneath a tree too, leaning his elbows on his knees as he rests his head in his hands and just watches what's happening around him. His gaze meets mine, and I instantly feel guilty for staring. He makes a silly face at me and laughs to himself. His injuries look better, but I can still see the bandage on his bullet wound. I feel sorry for him.

Other girls must have been looking at him too because I spot a group of three gorgeous girls walking toward him.

They come to a halt in front of him and stare intently at him. I hear one of the women laugh flirtatiously, making my stomach twist uncomfortably. I don't want anything to happen between him and any of the girls here.

Then one of the girls leans forward and whispers something into Elijah's ears. Elijah looks at her curiously, then smiles as a look of realization dawns upon his face. The girls grin widely back at him before they begin to walk away, one girl leaves the two others and starts walking towards the bushes. Elijah stands up and follows the girl into the bush, I get up to secretly follow the two of them.

Elijah catches up to the girl quickly and wraps his arms tightly around her waist, pulling her back against his body. She giggles as she rests her head against his shoulder. I continue following behind them as Elijah continues leading her through the dense bushes that surround the forest. They come to an abrupt stop, and I stop too. Then, they disappear behind the thick bush and I can't see them anymore. I take a deep breath and decide to try and move closer. My feet shuffle through some leaves before I make it into the area where they disappeared, and my eyes widen as soon as I catch sight of them. The girl has her mouth around his neck, kissing his collarbone and slowly moving downwards. She's got one leg wrapped around his waist while he grips the waistband of her dress to keep her from moving away.

Her hand snakes upwards and runs through his dark hair. They kiss passionately for several moments, and just when it appears like they are going to do more, I run back to camp and find Logan.

"Hey! Did you see Elijah and that girl?!" I exclaim as soon as I see him.

He raises an eyebrow at me, "Yeah? So?"

"I followed them," I explain breathlessly, "they were kissing..."

Logan nods slowly.

"Listen, Katie, I told you Elijah was bad news. I suggest you stay away from him, or you'll become another one of his female conquests," He says to me angrily.

My eyes widen.

"What?! No! No, no, no! It wasn't like that Logan. He just kissed the girl! That doesn't mean anything, Logan!" I exclaim, waving my hands frantically in front of me.

"Look, I don't know exactly how you feel about Elijah, but I seriously suggest you stay away from him, and stop being in love with him," Logan says sternly.

I look at him, stunned.

"Love? Love?!"

"If he does something to hurt you, I swear, Katie, I'll kill him," Logan threatens, his tone serious.

I can't hold back my laughter. "Wow, Logan! You care about me! Thanks!" I reply sarcastically.

A grin spreads across Logan's face as he pulls me closer and kisses the top of my head.