Pilot

It was move-in day for Penny and Roselyn and the first day in their apartment in Pasadena, California. Roselyn was a 5'1" graduate student in Athletic Training at the California State University, Fullerton with a full time job as a nurse at Huntington Hospital. Penny, on the other hand, had hopes and dreams of being an actress so she got a job at the Cheesecake Factory to pay for rent and necessities. They had finally moved all of their boxes that they had to the inside of their apartment and were going through them to make it more like home.

Penny was looking through her box while Rose was nearby going through her own until she heard whispers in the hallway, but paid no mind to it until she heard Penny talk.

"Oh, hi," Penny smiled.

Rose stood up as she heard two voices replying with the same greetings, but she paused when she heard one of them say it twice.

"Hi?" Rose peeked out to see into the hall, only to see a 6'1" nerd and another 5'5" nerd.

"We don't mean to interrupt. We live across the hall," Leonard motioned to the door across.

"That's nice," Penny cooed, thinking they were homosexuals.

"No. We don't live together. I mean, we live together, but in separate, heterosexual bedrooms," Leonard gestured.

"Well, ok then. We're your new neighbors," Rose smiled, "I'm Rose,"

"Penny,"

"Leonard. Sheldon," Leonard pointed to the taller one.

The three that greeted each other first did another awkward greeting.

"Awkward," Rose mumbled.

"Well, uh, welcome to the building," Leonard said.

"Thank you! Maybe we can have a coffee sometime," Rose offered.

"Well, uh bye,"

Penny shut the door and turned to Rose with a smile until they both laughed and continued doing what they were doing until another knock had caught their attention so Rose got up and opened the door. Leonard and Sheldon were there.

"Hi, again," Leonard smiled.

"Hi," Sheldon.

"Hi," Rose.

"Anyway, um," Leonard looked around nervously, "we brought home Indian food," he held out the bag, "and, um, I know that moving can be stressful and I find that when I'm undergoing stress that good food and company can have a comforting effect. Also, curry's a natural laxative and I don't have to tell you that, you know, a clean colon is just one less thing to worry about," Leonard said with a nervous smile.

"Leonard, I'm no expert here, but I believe, in the context of a luncheon invitation you might wanna skip the reference to bowel movements," Sheldon said.

"You're inviting us over to eat?" Rose asked.

"Uh, yes," Leonard said.

"That's so nice. We'd love to," Penny chimed.

"Great," Leonard said.

"What do you guys do for fun around here?" Penny asked.

"Well, today we tried masturbating for money," Sheldon said.

Rose gave out a laugh as Leonard looked back at Sheldon with an incredulous look so she went to the desk to look around at the superhero figurines.

"Make yourself at home," Leonard said as he was taking off his bag to set it next the desk.

"Thank you," Rose smiled as she was near before walking to the whiteboard.

"You're very welcome," Leonard mumbled.