The Fuzzy Boots Corollary

It's been a week since Rose and Leonard's conversation at the hallway and life had continued on as usual. This day was Rose's class day so she had been at school pretty much the whole day except for lunch. To Rose, it was a very productive day and she had done the assignments that needed to be done so she had headed home late afternoon to see Leonard outside his door with Penny and a hot guy at her own door. Rose walked up to her door and stared at the two people that were in front of it until they got the idea that they were supposed to move.

"Don't bother me unless it is for food. I am tired and exhausted. My mind is burnt out. I have work in a few hours and I need all the sleep I can get," Rose sighed.

The moment Rose entered her room, she had face planted in her bed to turn on her alarm for a wake up call in a few hours. Her eyes had closed for a second until she was happily snoozing away until the high pitched, angry sounds of her alarm had woken her up leading to her slamming her hand down on it to stop the sound and got up. Fists were automatically punching air since she didn't want to wake up at all. She sighed and gathered her black scrubs since she didn't want anything to show on her if she spilled anything while getting ready.

She was in the kitchen and looking in the fridge to grab her meal prep before grabbing her pre-workout, protein, and gallon of water since she was planning on going to the gym after work. When she stepped out and locked the door, she jumped when she saw Leonard with a tumbler with what looked like hot coffee in his hands.

"Hey. What are you doing up and with a coffee? Don't you have work in the morning?" Rose asked worriedly.

"Oh, yeah. I just couldn't sleep and I heard rustling out here," Leonard shrugged.

"Oh. yeah," Rose chuckled, "I'm sorry. I have to go, but I'll see you later."

Rose rushed out and sped through the streets since everyone was home from work. When she got to the hospital she went into the nurse's locker room and put her stuff in her cubby and clocked in the system. She was going through charts at the nurse's station and doing what she could with the patients that she got rounds. A hand had landed on the desk in her peripheral so she looked up and saw an attractive person in a white coat.

"May I help you, sir?" Rose gave him a polite smile.

"Maybe you can. Do you know where the chief of surgery's office is?" He smiled, exposing his pearly white teeth.

"Yeah. Go up the elevator to go up to Level 5 and you'll see his office. It's basically windows so you'll see him," Rose recalled, "you new here?"

"I am. What gave that away?"

"You are asking where the chief of surgery's office is," Rose said.

The man laughed and threw his head back, "you're funny. Sassy. I like that. My name is John Queens. Head of neurosurgery,"

"Cute," Rose rolled her eyes with a smile, "Roselyn, but everyone calls me Rose,"

"Rose," John smiled, "well I will see you later while I go tend the new person business,"

John walked away and kept glancing back at Rose to which she rolled her eyes and waved at him mockingly before turning and doing the charts again. Her shift had gone by in a flash with only a couple code blues and hourly check ups with her patients until her replacement had come in so she gave him the notes and left for the locker room. She changed into her black camo leggings, Nike crew socks, sports bra, an oversized Blink-182 shirt, and Nike Blazers.

She was on her way out when she heard her name being called out so she turned to see John jogging to her.

"Are you off already?"