The Luminous Fish Effect

It was the day that Rose had nothing to do which she was thankful for and Penny had the day off. Penny thought it was a good idea to go grocery shopping so Rose gave her a list of what she needed and went back to her room to take a nap. However, that nap turned into a sleep the whole day thing so she walked out to see Penny in a bad mood.

"Hey. Are you ok?" Rose asked, sitting down next to her on the couch.

"Yeah. Sheldon just annoyed me so much today at the market," Penny said.

"Why was Sheldon with you? Didn't he have work?"

"Canned. Anyways, he tells me weird things about tomatoes and how I was getting expensive urine with my multivitamins," Penny said.

Rose chuckled, "ok. Then?"

"He helps me with the groceries and just wouldn't stop talking so I closed the door on his face and now I'm here enjoying my peace and quiet," Penny relaxed.

"Got it. Anyways, I'm going back to sleep again,"

"Didn't you just wake up from a nap?" Penny asked.

"Yeah. So? I love to sleep," Rose shrugged and walked back to sleep.

Three weeks later, Sheldon hasn't come out of the apartment since he got fired which concerned everyone so Leonard pulled out the big guns. He had run into Rose one day within the three weeks and told her that Sheldon was getting new hobbies and the most recent was a loom. Rose was getting ready for class and was already in her car when Leonard and Sheldon's mother were in the complex.

"Thanks for coming on such short notice." Leonard said.

"You did the right thing by calling," the woman said.

"I didn't know what to do. He lost all focus. Every day, he's got a new obsession" Leonard was unlocking the door when to reveal Sheldon using his loom, "this is a particularly disturbing one,"

Sheldon turned back at the sound of Leonard's voice and did a double take at the woman to his side, "Mommy?"

Sheldon's mother had opened her arms and went to embrace him, "hi, baby!"

Sheldon's eyes connected with Leonard's and mouthed, "you called my mother?"

Meanwhile, Rose was taking notes in her Evaluation and Diagnosis II class when somebody tapped her shoulder so she turned and saw a guy with the university's basketball team hoodie and sweats.

"Hey. Can I borrow a pen? Mine just ran out,"

Rose nodded and handed him one of her pens she had extra in her backpack. He nodded his thanks and the two continued their work until it was time to go. She was about to head out when she felt a hand on her shoulder so she turned and saw the same guy with his hand held out with her pen.

"Here is your pen. Thanks for letting me use it," he smiled.

"No problem," Rose smiled.

The two separated and Rose went to her apartment to see Penny in the apartment with a smile. She dropped her backpack on the couch giving her a weird look.

"Why are you smiling?" Rose asked cautiously.

"Oh, nothing," Penny straightened out the kitchen, "Sheldon's mother is here,"

"What?" Rose asked with her eyebrows up.

"Yeah. Hurry up and change so we can head over there,"

Rose looked down at her ripped jeans and plain black crop top so she looked up to Penny and shrugged, "I'm fine. Let's go,"