The Dumpling Paradox

The date with Derek had gone better than she had thought it was gonna go and the two had been casually going on dates and even had hung out with a few people from work at the bar. It had been a couple weeks and Penny and Rose were on good terms now that Rose had gotten over it. However, Penny had gotten them into a situation with one of Penny's hometown friends that was not up Rose's alley. The duo went across the hall and knocked.

"Hey, Penny. Rose. Come on in," Leonard said.

"Hey, guys," Rose smiled.

"See a Penny, pick her up and all the day, you'll have good luck," Wolowitz flirted.

"No, you won't," Penny said, turning to Leonard, "can I hide out here for awhile?"

"Sure, what's going on?" Leonard asked.

"Well, there's this girl I know from back in Nebraska, Christy. Anyway, she called me up and she's like, 'hey, how's California, and I'm like, awesome. 'Cause, you know, it's not Nebraska and the next thing I know she's invited herself out to stay with me," Penny explained.

"8:08," Sheldon waved the controller around as Leonard motioned for him to be quiet.

"Anyway, she just got here today and she's just been in my apartment yakity yakking about every guy she slept with in Omaha, which is basically every guy in Omaha, and washing the sluttiest collection of underwear you have ever seen in my bathroom sink," Penny said as Rose saw Howard leaned over to hear the conversation.

"Wait, is she doing it one thong at a time or does she throw it all in like some sort of erotic bouillabaisse?" Howard asked.

"Ok. He really needs to dial it down," Rose said.

The three walk closer to the kitchen.

"If you really don't like her that much, why are you letting her stay?" Leonard asked.

"She was engaged to my cousin while she was sleeping with my brother, so she's kind of family," Penny explained.

"Yeah, I apologize for my earlier outburst. Who needs Halo when we can be regaled with the delightfully folksy tale of the whore of Omaha?" Sheldon said sarcastically.

"Oh, I don't think she's a whore," Leonard said,

"She definitely is a whore. She absolutely has no standards," Rose was about to say another thing but saw the door wide open, "where is Howard?"

"Bonjour, mademoiselle," Howard's voice was heard, "I heard you were new in town,"

"Oh, good grief," Sheldon exclaimed.

The group went to the doorway to see the door closed and music playing.

"I can't believe Christy let Howard into our apartment," Rose looked disgusted at the thought.

"And I cannot believe people pay for horoscopes. But on a more serious note, it's 8:13 and we're still not playing Halo," Sheldon held up his wrist.

The group sighed and went inside, "Ok, fine. We'll just play one on one until he gets back,"

"One-on-one? We don't play one on one. We play teams, not one-on-one," Sheldon said before scoffing, "one-on-one,"

"Well, the only way we can play teams, at this point, is if we cut Raj in half," Leonard said.

Raj immediately put his head, "Oh, sure. Cut the foreigner in half. There's a billion more where he came from,"

"If y'all need a fourth, I'll play," Rose shrugged, "I play Halo and it's gonna be a little bit before Derek comes and picks me up,"