Chapter 10: Smoothies

Xialing awoke to smudged makeup on her pillow and dried up drool sticking to her face. She yawned and stretched before swinging her legs over her bed and padded to the bathroom. She pulled the leather brown knob from the drawer below the sink and picked up her tooth brush and paste, along with her a fuzzy blue headband with matching wristbands. She brushed her teeth and set her products next to the sink in order by how she would be using them, scrubbing and spraying and moisturizing her face after she cleaned and flossed her teeth.

Xialing walked into her kitchen and opened the fridge, pulling out fruits and vegetables and tossing them onto a plastic red cutting board. With each slice of the knife she pondered on the events of last night. Some of it had slipped her mind. She drank, she danced... What else...? Xialing remembered the neon lights of the club, the ultramarine glow reflecting against her pitch black nails.

She slide the slices from the chopping board into the blender and poured in yogurt, almond milk, and powders before pushing the button and the deafening whirrs widened her eyes. Still not as loud as the music last night... First there was some pop music, then some old school hits and then... Nothing. At least to Xialing. She couldn't remember for the life of her what they played at the end of the night, before she left. She poured the smoothie into a blue tinted glass and walked to her living room, plopping herself on her couch and turning on the television.

She took a gulp from the glass and set it onto the side table next to a green scrunchie-

Xialing blinked and thought to herself. Katy's green scrunchie. "Katy...". Katy. Katy!

I got drunk- why the hell did I drink so much?- We took a cab home- she had to walk me upstairs oh my go- oh my god. Oh my god- I kissed her!

Xialing gasped and ran to find her phone in the other room, blown up with text messages that faded below the charging port.