Chapter 9: Hydra's New Pets

A/N 

Update would have been sooner but i had to restart the chapter. So worth it though. Second drafts are always better than the first. 

Also, i'm going through a lot right now and with what i am, and how i'm wired, i feel like i'm drowning. I'll try to update again soon but school is like adfa;lskdfjaakjdflaksd;fdskl;alkkdhjLDFLS

Hydra had changed much since the failure and defection of the WINTER SOLDIER. They had taken in new ideals, weapons, training programs and new leadership roles.

HYDRA was now a training program for the most elite warriors who didn't fit in their own world. They were taken, snatched from their lives. The snatched were then mind wiped and brainwashed. They had no recollection of their past lives. And there was no way that they could get it back. All HYDRA recruits had the signature metal arm.

Two of their newest and best recruits were the Winter Dagger and Winter Gauntlet. They had been picked up a few months ago. The two were promising and had been ignored and abused in their old lives. 

Dagger was a talented fighter and she dominated the training mats and the streets. She loved rappelling and was never seen without her grappling gun. Dagger also was extremely talented in parkour and gymnastics. And she was the perfect partner for Gauntlet.

Gauntlet was a climber. He was often seen on the rafters or hanging from poles in the stairwell. He was a competent fighter and they were both highly skilled in any weapon HYDRA put into their hands. 

They had been training for a mission for two months. It was simple. Kill or Badly hurt Tony Stark. It was going to be the first move in a master plot to destroy the AVENGERS. 

Hydra had new rules since Winter Soldiers defection. It was hunt or be hunted. If you weren't a good fighter you'd be killed in a spar. There was no room for error. There was also a line of who answered to who. If you fought well they answered to you; if you didn't, you answered to them. People answered to Dagger and Gauntlet. Respect was key in HYDRA. Even though Dagger and Gauntlet were high up on the food chain, they knew their place. Everyone did. They weren't programmed for mass leadership.

After Gauntlet and Dagger had finished their grueling eight hours of training with no break, they headed over to Conference for their final brief. Dagger walked in perfect sync to Gauntlet.

"Winter Gauntlet and Dagger reporting in, Sir!" Gauntlet said standing at attention.

"Good, you know this is a simple hit and run. Quiver Delta will take care of the extraction. Location the top of Avenger's Tower or as close as you can get to it. Don't get caught. That will come later. You two are happy here correct? Content might be a better word for it though." The Big Man said.

"Content is a good word for this place."  Dagger smiled.

"Good, now go. You leave at dawn."

)o(

James Buchanan Barnes stepped into the elevator. The door was about to shut when a young woman came hurrying towards the elevator.

"Hold it please!" She called out.

Steve was definitely rubbing off on him, Bucky realized as he stopped the elevator. She smiled gratefully. The woman ducks her head in respect to the Avenger.

"Thank you, it's a lot easier than walking up all the up those horrid stairs. Honestly it's almost as if we're climbing up to heaven!" She giggles and leaves the elevator as soon as the door opens.

The familiar comment caused Bucky to freeze in the elevator.

"Morgan," his hoarse voice whispered.

The Avengers were surprised and instantly worried when Bucky Barnes came sprinting in on a dead run with a pale and sweating face. He looked like he had seen a ghost. Steve stood up when he entered the room.

"Bucky, is everything ok?" He asked walking slowly over to the Winter Soldier.

"Morgan!" He wheezed.

"What?" Tony was standing now.

"At least I think it was her, she looked familiar and she made her stairwell comment." Bucky was a nervous wreck and he was confused.

"Friday run a biological scan for Morgan Stark and Peter Parker on the Tower and a five mile radius." Tony ordered.

"Scan results: Negative." Friday said.

Tony just shook his head at Bucky and walked depressingly out of the room. One of his assistants joined him on his walk to the workshop. The two arrived and immediately started to blast Led Zeppelin. 

The assistant didn't speak until Tony asked him to go find a pair of blueprints he had left in his office.

"Sure, Mistah Stark, anything for such a great guy like you," The young man disappeared.

Tony froze. His eyes went wide. Peter had said that dozens of times to tease him. Bucky was right. They were here.

But when he chased after 'Peter' he was gone. Tony sank down to the floor. Staring at the wall across from him.

Until two sets of screams and shrieks rang out from the Towers speaker system. Clacking footsteps came closer to him. A hand shook him back into this world.

"Tony! Peter,  I-" 

Then Gauntlet and Dagger struck. They landed a double kick to Tony's sides and then Dagger turned on Pepper. She threw her easily into the wall and the red headed woman's eyes blinked shut.

Dagger backflipped back to Gauntlet who had laid in around ten punches to the Man of Iron. Dagger took out her knife, a long blade. A sharp blade. It was laced with poison. As Gauntlet held him against the wall, Dagger cut two lines down his face and one across his arc reactor. He wouldn't live through the morning. 

Then two more of the Avenger's showed up. Captain America and Falcon. They were shocked at the brutal scene before them.

"Gauntlet, it's time for us to go." Dagger smiled and smirked at the three Avengers.

The two leapt out the window and Dagger unleashed her grappling gun and shot it upwards. Gauntlet just sprinted up the wall. Falcon chased them upwards while Steve rushed to the rooftops. 

When the two made it to the rooftop, Hydra agents were swarming it. Quiver Delta had arrived. They laid down suppressive fire down on Falcon while Gauntlet and Dagger got situated. Just as soon as the rest of the Avenger's arrived, Quiver Delta, Gauntlet, and Dagger launched themselves off of the Tower. They heard excited shouts and ran to look over the edge. 

But there was no one there. They had all disappeared leaving damage behind.

"The enemy has gotten stronger." Thor said solemnly.

"GUYS! It's Tony!" Pepper screeched from their intercoms.

They all rushed to the infirmary.