Discussion

Y/n P.O.V.

Farmer: y/n? Are you okay? You seem a little distressed?

Y/n: (yelps a bit)

I hadn't gotten any sleep besides resting as I did that the best I could before it was now morning as it is 7:50 Am as me and grandpa are having breakfast, I had pancakes while my grandpa has a salad as I have some veggies on the side as I ate them...slowly as I slowly ate my pancakes as my grandpa is worried for me of course as I was a little distressed from last night as I just simply nodded.

Y/n: (nods)

Farmer: I was wondering if you can come to the fields with your grandfather, are you okay with that?

Y/n: (looks out to the barn before shaking his head no.)

Farmer: no? Tomorrow?

Y/n: (nods)

Farmer: okay.

We finished breakfast as I nearly finished all of my pancakes as grandpa finished his salad as he and I hugged before he went to the fields to work some things.

I sat in the living room as my stomach is like tied in knots as I was anxious or nervous as I still remembered from last night after what I saw in that barn.

Y/n: (pants a bit before taking deep breath's to relax himself.)

There was a knock on the front door as grandpa noticed the door was wide open and he then closed it and noticed something is wrong with the lock but he paid no attention to it thankfully for me...and also thankfully for the talking animals.

There's was then another 2 knocks as I look out of the window to see, Otis and duke.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before going to the door and slowly opening it as I took a peek and saw Otis and duke staring at me as I gave a nervous look while smiling.

Duke: in the barn. Now.

Y/n: (nods)

I come out and went outside of the house as the 2 talking animals lead me inside the barn as I see other animals walking on 2 legs going inside as some of them looked at me with wide eyes as I didn't like it and I almost hide myself in my shirt as I only covered my mouth and nose but not my eyes until I pulled my head out again as we then went inside the barn.

I see the talking animals sitting on hay stacks as all of them look at me and I almost closed my eyes as, Otis lead me in front of everyone as they continue to look at me and I lowered my head down to avoid looking at their stares before I was lead upstage and sat down while looking away from the crowd.

I then hear, Otis say.

Otis: everyone! I had an important announcement to make!

Bessy: we know, Otis. That kid knows we talk!

I hear the animals talk in the same time as I covered my ears to block the noise. I then felt a hug as I turned around and saw, duke as I smiled at him and hugged him back.

Otis: alright! Alright! Settle down! Alright, good news is that the kid can't talk-

Duke: because he's non-verbal!

Otis:-because he's non-verbal!

Freddy: is there the bad news?!

Otis: yes unfortunately. But we can't confirm that one, the boy can write to communicate.

Y/n: (turns to Otis as he started to make noises at him like he's trying to talk to him.)

Otis: (confused look.) I'm sorry?