Friends forever- Neteyam

3rd person pov

8 years ago

"Y/n!"

Y/n turns to look for the voice calling to her only to see her best friend Neteyam. "Neteyam!" She shouts back smiling wildly waving to him. He smiles back and starts jogging towards her. "Do you want to come play in the river with me and my family?" He asks excitedly. "Yes!" Y/n squeals. He laughs grabbing her hand pulling her towards the sully family.

"Ah y/n of course." Jake chuckles at the pair. Neytiri smiles while rubbing her belly soothing the child inside. "Come on you two. Lo'ak and kiri are waiting for us." She says. Y/n smiles widely following the woman.
~at the river~
"Y/n." Neteyam says looking to her. "Yes Neteyam?" She smiles at the boy. "Are we gonna be friends forever?" He asks nervously. Her eyes widen. "Yes! We will always be friends forever." She says with a smile before holding up her hand connecting his with her.

~Present day~

I groan at the bright lights that wake me from a beautiful dream. I run my eyes before raising to my feet to start the day. I walk out of my little hut out into the cave where we have moved since the destruction of home tree.

I see my ikran Attor. I begin to walk to him when he turns and flys to me causing a big smile to form on my lips. "Good morning Attor." I say causing him to chirp at me. "Y/n!" I hear someone shout my name. I turn to see Jake sully. I sigh before walking to him. "Olo'eyktan." I bow my head.

"I need you and Attor on our mission today." He says softly. He never asks me to join so why now. My face visibly confused. "Why do you need me?" I ask. He sighs. "You are our fastest rider and your pretty good at combat." He says. "It wasn't a question. It was an order." He says hardly before walking to his wife.

I see Neytiri glance to me with kind eyes before I saunter off to Attor. "I guess we are apart of this now." I rest my head on his before walking to find my bow and to change.

I climb onto Attor before joining the other Navi who are about to fly to the fight. I feel a pair of eyes on me causing me to turn towards the feeling. My eyes meet Neteyams. My breath hitches and my heart stops momentarily. I roll my eyes before turning forward once again.

"Y/n." I hear his soft voice say. Everyone begins to take off causing me to do the same to avoid this conversation. "Y/n!" He growls following. He always went along with lo'ak and he is going to wind up dead. I can't be there for that. It would kill me.

We make it to the train and I see helicopters everywhere. My eyes are drawn to one the has their gun pointed towards Neytiri as she kills the sky people.I fly over the helicopter shooting an arrow downwards into a man's skull. I look back to neytiri who nods to me in appreciation. I look to the pilot shooting him as well before flying away.

I look down to the ground at all the Navi before my eyes land on lo'ak and Neteyam. I see lo'ak with a gun and Neteyam trying to talk him down. A helicopter starts to go down towards them. "Neteyam!" I yell causing his head to shoot up seeing me flying quickly towards the pair.

Confusion laces his face before the helicopter hits the ground causing Neteyam and Lo'ak to fly back. "No!" I yell again before jumping off of Attor running quickly towards where he landed. My lungs burn from the smoke of the crash.

"Neteyam!" I shout hoping for a response. I run around all of the wreckage and the bodies. Everyone I pass worries me that it could be him. I spot jake looking for the boys as well. I spot neteyams chest price and run towards the young Navi.

I roll him over to see his head bleeding slightly. He coughs from the impact looking up at me. "Why were you down there? You skxawng!" I say breathlessly looking at his back inspecting him to make sure he's alright. His hand raises to my face ceasing my movements.

His thumb wipes away tears I didn't know were falling. "Why are you crying?" He says lightly. More tears fall at the thought. "You almost died Neteyam." I whisper looking down as the tears continue to fall.

Jake runs towards us seeing me kneeling over him. "Neteyam? Boy are you alright?" He asks quickly before looking over his son. "I'm okay father." He says wincing at the movements. Jake picks him up and hoists him on his ikran flying away leaving me there to think about everything that just happened.

I find Attor and climb onto him. Home was all I thought but it was all he needed. He took us into the air and back to the cave. I shakily climb off after landing. I look around and see Neteyam walking with kiri I'm assuming to get his wounds fixed. "Neteyam!" I yell causing him to spin around.

I storm to him before shoving him harshly. "What we're you thinking!" I yell again before hitting his chest. He remains standing there letting it happen. "I thought you died." I continue hitting him. Fresh tears running down my blue cheeks.

He grabs my wrists ceasing my aggression and pulls me into his chest wrapping his arms around me letting me cry into him. "I thought you died." I whisper shakily. "I'm right here." He says grabbing my face wiping the tears once again.

He looks into my eyes as I return the glance. It had been years since we fought about his recklessness. He always did dangerous things because lo'ak did. I hated him for always risking his life. His eyes stare into mine before he pulls me into a kiss shocking me.

My eyes went wide before I began melting into it. "I'm sorry." He says pulling away resting his forehead on mine. "You should be skxawng." I say sniffling causing him to chuckle. "Friends?" He says holding his hand out like we did when we were kids.
A smile spreads over my face. "Forever." I say grabbing his arm.