Ghost- Jake

Set in the second movie.

In the war against the sky people toruk maktoyu Jake sully lost many people. Warriors, allies, friends.. People he considered family. Amongst the fallen laid his best friend. Y/n. She meant everything to him. She was everything he found beautiful in the world. When he lost her it felt as if he'd lost a part of himself.

Narrator p.o.v

Jake gasps for air as he shoots up from his cot on the floor of his hut at the vivid memory that flashed in his dreams. "No no get out of my head." He mumbles to himself as tears well in his eyes. "Stop haunting me." He shudders. He looks out into the distance across the ocean. His thoughts run wild with memories of grace and y/n. His heart broke at the thought of y/n. Tears silently fell from his tired eyes as he glances to neytiri asleep beside him.

Jake's p.o.v

I look at neytiri before rising to my feet and beginning my way out of the hut. I sigh as I reach the outside taking in a deep breath of the salty pandora air. Jake. I turn my head searching for the voice. "Who's there? Come out." I hiss drawing my dagger. Jake, it's me. My eyes widen at their words. "No. No it can't be." I squeeze my eyes shut gripping my head in my hands tightly. "Get out of my head." I breathe out desperately.

I hear a twig snap causing me to shoot up into a fighting position with my knife at the ready. I shudder as i wait for the person to reveal themself. "Who are you?" I practically whisper. It couldn't be. My eyes widen and my knife hits the ground as the being steps into the light surrounded by woodspirits. "Y/n?"

Y/n p.o.v

I step into the light to reveal myself. Jake's eyes widen as he drops his knife. "Y/n?" He says is shock and disbelief. "What's wrong sully?" I chuckle. "You look like you've seen a ghost." Jake drops to his knees while he holds his head in his hands. "This isn't real. You're not real." He cries. I sigh walking to him and bending next to him. "I'm real Jake. I promise." I say reassuringly.

Jake lifts his head bringing his gaze to mine. "How are you here?" He says as tears stream down his face. I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not exactly sure. I remember jumping from the helicopter but that's about it." I say. "Y/n.. it's been 15 years." Jake says quietly. 15 years? My eyes harden and my eyebrows furrow. "What do you mean 15 years?" I question. Jake sighs. "You died 15 years ago." He looks to me. I take a shaky breath. Jake's hand reaches out to me before running through me like dust.

"You're still gone." His voice breaks. I sigh. "It's okay Jake. You've made it this far." I chuckle trying to lighten the mood. Jake simply shakes his head in response. "Every night, I dream about it. I see you falling from the sky and every time you're just out of reach." He whispers. My eyes drop. "It's not your fault. You won the war. You saved thousands of lives." I say. "But I couldn't save you." More tears go down his face. I sigh.

Narrator p.o.v

As y/n watches Jake grieve for her she can feel her heart sink. Her best friends heart was shattered and there is nothing she can do. Tears begin falling from her eyes as she feels his pain. As they sit in silence, the woodspirits begin to surround y/n causing Jake to watch their movements. Y/n freezes as the cover her body from top to bottom. She lets out a deep breath causing the seeds to float away leaving the two alone again.

Jake takes a breath before standing to his feet looking her in the eyes. He reaches out a shaking hand as it brushes against Y/n before quickly pulling it back with a gasp. His eyes well with tears once again before pulling her into a hug as his body hits hers she lets out an audible gasp. "You're here. You're really here." Jake cries as he holds her.

Y/n remains silent not remembering how it felt to really breathe, to feel. "Jake, how is this possible?" she shudders. He doesn't answer. He only pulls her closer making her feel warm and safe. "Come." Jake says with a smile. "There is many people for you to meet." He slowly releases her from his embrace before gently grabbing her hand and leading her to their new home on the beach.

Y/n smiles as she takes his hand following him through the trees.

Pt.2?