26

The hand around my throat softened slightly as it slid behind my neck. Liam gripped me tightly as he dipped his head, pressing his lips against my neck and making me arch my back in anticipation. His fingers drew circles on my inner thigh, dangerously close to where I needed him to be.

His muscular body between my legs, his lips caressing my skin, his hands roughly gripping me, controlling me. The moment his lips met my skin, it was as if my body was set ablaze. The consuming lust I've suppressed quickly clawed its way to the surface, and any shred of self-decency I had left vanished in an inferno of desire.

I wanted Liam. I wanted him so fucking bad. I can't remember the last time I wanted something more.

My hands moved from his wrist, sliding up his arm until my fingers were intertwined in his black hair. I pressed him into me as he continued kissing my neck as he moved his fingers painstakingly slow.

It was as if he enjoyed my torture, like he relished in the control he had over my body. A wicked smile grew on his lips as he looked down at me. I bucked my hips forward, desperate to make contact with his fingers that were still hovering over my now soaked panties.

He dipped his head once more, and I closed my eyes while I turned to allow him better access to my neck. A soft moan left my lips as he continued kissing my neck, working his way slowly across my jaw. I opened my eyes just as his lips touched the corner of my mouth to see the crowd, oblivious to us, circle a platform in the center of the venue. I saw as they clapped as Micah stepped on stage, applauding him he began to speak to the crowd around him. I watched as Liam continued to pepper kisses on my jaw, making it difficult to hear what was said on the microphone.

But my heart sank as I saw a group of children walk onto the stage. They were barefoot, and looking down at the ground as they nearly stumbled onto the stage, making the crowd applaud once more. There were three girls and two boys, and from what I could tell, they were all wearing plain, white clothing.

"What are they doing?" I asked as Liam continued to draw circles on my inner thigh.

"Who cares." He mumbled into my neck, making me turn towards him.

"I do." I said with annoyance before I grabbed his hand from between my legs and pulled it up. I quickly placed my other hand across Liams muscular chest before roughly pressing him off of me.

"Mila," I heard him say behind me as I straightened my dress while walking towards the stage.

"Now ladies and gentlemen, the event we've all been waiting for!" Micah said on the microphone in a theatrical voice. I maneuvered through the crowd, getting a better view of what was happening.

"Now, first on the auction is lovely Janessa." Micah said as he motioned her forward. My heart sank as I watched the girl walk up with her head down. The crowd began to mummer, examining her as if she was some sort of livestock. I didn't hear what Micah said after that, my heart began to race and my thoughts began to blur.

"The starting price is two hundred and fifty thousand, do I have any takers?" Micah said with a wicked smile.

"I'll take her." I said quickly. The crowd went silent as they turned to look at me.

"Oh, Mila." Micah said with a grin from ear to ear. "This is... unexpected."

"I can assume you're making this purchase for your employer... The Knights?" Micah said slowly as he tilted his head.

"No." Liams said loudly. He was standing behind me, and he quickly gripped my wrist as he looked up at Micah. He squeezed it tightly, as if he was telling me to stay silent.