35

Olivia was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Her long, wavy black hair reached down to her hips. Her brown eyes were soft, gentle. Her upturned nose, plump cheeks, and heart shaped lips made her look somewhat innocent. She was around my height, and looked young. Her tan skin was flawless, as if it was never touched, or scarred, or ruined from combat. The light pink dress she was wearing grazed as she gracefully walked into the office.

Her eyes began to water as she stared at Liam, and I couldn't help but look between the two. Liams brows furrowed slightly, and his breathing became unsteady as he took her in.

"Hi Liam." She said softly, a smile forming on her lips. Even her voice was angelic and tender.

"I thought you were dead." He said, his voice having an uneasiness I never heard before.

"Her father, that tyrant, would do anything to maintain her purity, even at the extent of her own happiness." Juliet said as she looked over at her niece.

"If I remember correctly, you two were quite fond of each other as children. He hated that. So, in typical Fernando fashion, he took excessive measures to keep you two apart." Juliet said before she rolled her eyes and took a sip of her whiskey once more.

Silence filled the air, no one knowing how to react to this situation. James was staring at Olivia, occasionally glancing over at his son with his brow furrowed. Liam and Olivia continued to gaze into each other's eyes, while Juliet continued to drink her whiskey.

I felt like the air was quickly leaving the room. My head began to spin as I continued to look over at Liam, waiting... hoping that he'd rip his attention off of her. That he'd tell Juliet that her proposition was insane, that he refuses to marry her.

Time felt as if it wasn't moving, like we were frozen waiting in anticipation, all waiting to hear Liams answer. His brows furrowed slightly as he glanced over in my direction, then quickly back to Olivia.

"Please, take some time to think about my proposition. I'm sure this is... quite overwhelming." Juliet said with a smile as rotated her wrist, stirring her drink while she looked at Liam.

"Please, reach out once you've come to your decision." Juliet said as she placed her glass down and stood up.

"Juliet," James said as he stood up next to her. "We'd love for you to stay, at least for dinner. I know the flight from Mexico was a long one. And if you would like to stay the night, we have more than enough room to accommodate you and your guards." He said politely.

"Tomorrow we are hosting a soirée. We would love if you all would attend." James so cordially.

"Hm. We would love that, thank you James." Juliet said as she placed a hand on his shoulder. I tuned out their conversation as my eyes stayed glued on Liam. He was still standing there, staring at Olivia as if the two were alone in the room.

I limped over to the whiskey bottle that Juliet was drinking from, poured myself a large glass, and downed it in one go before slamming the glass on the side table. This must have been loud enough to pull Liam's attention for once, and I gripped my ribs as I began walking out of the door.

"Mila," he said quickly as he looked over at me. I ignored him, and I simply just walked out of the office, slamming the door behind me.

I clenched my jaw as I walked down the hallway, waiting for him follow me like he usually does, waiting for him to yell after me for walking away from him, waiting for him to come.

My heart fluttered slightly as I heard the sound of footsteps behind me, and I turned over my shoulder only to be met with disappointment when I saw James walking towards me.