29

We didn't make it to the wedding.

But neither did the groom. Turns out Isabella did try to kill him, and Alexander was in the hospital for a few stab wounds, so the wedding was postponed until further notice. From what we've heard, he'll make a full recovery, much to Isabellas dismay.

A month has passed since that night in Greece.

We made love the entire next day, nearly destroying every room in the villa as we explored each other's bodies and gave into our primal urges. I could hardly walk the next day, giving Liam an unneeded boost to his ego.

The past few weeks were amazing. I can't remember a time I felt so... spoiled. I knew Liam was a lavish man, but the gifts he showered me with were somewhat overwhelming. He had a spare room conjoined with mine, and transformed it into a massive closet where he filled it with outfits from top designers. Granted, most of the outfits were light pink, but that didn't matter to me. Not only that, he bought dozens of expensive necklaces, bracelets, and rings for me. He also surprised me a white LaFerrari out of the blue.

Although, not everything he did for me was extravagant. Every Sunday, he would have fresh Lily's delivered to my room, along with a small note. Every morning he would kiss me goodbye, making sure to stroke my hair gently before leaving to start his day. Every night, he would rent out a new restaurant so we could have dinner together. He'll always order me the most delicious meals, and I looked forward to it everyday. We spent so much time together that I've barely had time to go through the wire transfers I got from Nadias villa.

Liam and I decided to keep our relationship hidden from James. Liam didn't know how he was going to react, and didn't feel like having that kind of conversation with his father, so I respected his wishes. It was easy to hide considering that Liam was the one who handled the books, and he made sure his father never saw any of the expenses from the lavish gifts he gave me.

At first, every moment with Liam was lovely. He'd make me feel as though I was his entire world. We'd make love to each other most of the night, and I've never felt more special. What started off as a lustful attraction for me, grew into something I could never have imagined. I could see a future with Liam, a future I could never see with Aiden, and a future I could only dream about with Nadia.

But after about two weeks, things started to change. The lilies I usually got delivered on Sunday was late, and the week after that, it didn't come at all. He'd start getting up in the morning without a word, sometimes even leaving without saying anything to me. At our dinners, he would be on his phone half the time, partially paying attention to our conversation.

Granted, he's been stressed out recently. Some of his contracts fell through, and he's been scrambling to try and close the gaps, working late in the evening typing up new contracts and coming up with new clauses to make his clients happy enough to sign.

I looked down at my plate, twirling the pasta around with my fork as the sounds of smooth jazz filled the air. I looked up at Liam, who was on his phone, texting away with his brow furrowed. I wasn't sure how long we've been here like this, saying nothing as we ate in silence.

"So... how's the Devo's deal coming along?" I said after a moment.

"Good." He said, not adding anything more to the conversation.

"Good." I said softly, giving him a small nod before continuing to push my pasta around aimlessly.

We sat there for a few minutes in silence until he finally looked up from his phone, his brow raised as he looked at me.

"Something wrong with your food?" He asked.

"No, it's lovely actually. It's my date that's the problem." I said with an annoyed smile. "He can't seem to get off his phone."